BASSnoob

lights flickering good ground.

What I don't understand is why you are going to buy 20' of 0ga and do your big 3 with your 4ga.

I'm gonna try this from my phone

couple pics of my upgrades

lastpics009.th.jpg

lastpics015.th.jpg

morepowercablestuff008.th.jpg

i can't imagine using more then 15' to do the big 3 but if you want to make sure-Take a string and pull out all the distances you will be running and you will get a better idea.

I was just saying use the 4ga if you have. No money to spend on this right now

I don't really know much about the cca stuff. I'm sure 0ga cca would be better then 4ga.

The stuff I got was pretty stiff too but way cheaper then the high flex cable.

I was just browsing around on eBay and found some 16' and 18' pieces for like 30 bucks free shipping. That would be more cost effective for doing just the big three.

I followed the directions that came with my ho alt and it was more like 5 upgrades.

Either way you should put a dmm on your batteries before and after and see how much it helps.

Edit: I started thinking about it and if I was in your position and had little or no money to spend- I would start by upgrading the batteries ground to the body with one or two really short pieces of 4ga. See if that helps any

cool im going to buy 20 feet of 0 gauge and run my rockford fostgate 4 gauge as my big 3.. i decided :domoslay::dancing:

what? if you're ordering wire anyways why not get a couple extra feet of 1/0? it doesn't take much...what car are you putting it in, how far is your bat. from the alt?

um battery from alternator is a good 5 feet.. but dont i also have to ground on engine block and ground on chasis?? id probably have to get like 40 feet..

It does not take 20' or wire to do a big 3 upgrade.

i just bought 30 feet of stinger pro 0 gauge wire.. of ebay.. 160 fudge!! now i need to buy terminals.. oh and what does 180 phase mean on the amplifier???

I don't really know much about the cca stuff. I'm sure 0ga cca would be better then 4ga.

I was just browsing around on eBay and found some 16' and 18' pieces for like 30 bucks free shipping. That would be more cost effective for doing just the big three.

I followed the directions that came with my ho alt and it was more like 5 upgrades.

Either way you should put a dmm on your batteries before and after and see how much it helps.

Edit: I started thinking about it and if I was in your position and had little or no money to spend- I would start by upgrading the batteries ground to the body with one or two really short pieces of 4ga. See if that helps any

cool im going to buy 20 feet of 0 gauge and run my rockford fostgate 4 gauge as my big 3.. i decided :domoslay::dancing:

what? if you're ordering wire anyways why not get a couple extra feet of 1/0? it doesn't take much...what car are you putting it in, how far is your bat. from the alt?

um battery from alternator is a good 5 feet.. but dont i also have to ground on engine block and ground on chasis?? id probably have to get like 40 feet..

i just bought 30 feet of stinger pro 0 gauge wire.. of ebay.. 160 fudge!! now i need to buy terminals.. oh and what does 180 phase mean on the amplifier???

why would you do that when a cheaper just as good alternative for less?

1.75/ft vs 5/ft?

are you retarded? or do you just like flushing away money?

What I don't understand is why you are going to buy 20' of 0ga and do your big 3 with your 4ga.

I'm gonna try this from my phone

couple pics of my upgrades

lastpics009.th.jpg

lastpics015.th.jpg

morepowercablestuff008.th.jpg

i can't imagine using more then 15' to do the big 3 but if you want to make sure-Take a string and pull out all the distances you will be running and you will get a better idea.

I was just saying use the 4ga if you have. No money to spend on this right now

battery to alternator =5 feet. battery to ground =2 feet battery to block =2 feet positive to back battery =13 feet back battery to amplifier =3 feet negative back wire to strut bolt = 3 feet all together =28 but bought extra 3 more feet so if i did mistake on measuring better have some room for mistake bought stinger pro 0 gaugeHPM smoke color wire.. what does HPM STAND FOR??

Stinger HPM(High Profile Moron) wire, cause you paid too much for it.

I like to run everything flush.. nothing showing.. arizona is big state for getting audio stystem stolen.. if you saw my car youd never guess i have what i have... even my deck is big.. its a DOUBE DIN JVC :D who would want to steal a big as deck.. lol my bass knob is hidden in compartment where i can close it or keep it open.. but anyways what does 180 degree phase mean on the amplifier??

1.75/ft vs 5/ft?

High paying moron

this is why these companies are able to charge this exuberant amount of money.

1.75/ft vs 5/ft?

I like to run everything flush.. nothing showing.. arizona is big state for getting audio stystem stolen.. if you saw my car youd never guess i have what i have... even my deck is big.. its a DOUBE DIN JVC :D who would want to steal a big as deck.. lol my bass knob is hidden in compartment where i can close it or keep it open.. but anyways what does 180 degree phase mean on the amplifier??

High paying moron

dang.. well thanks for the help.. geeesh can you please not treat me like that.. im just a noob..

dont worry about it, leave it at 0

i suggested a much better, cheaper alternative, which is trusted in the car audio world.

It performs just as well as more expensive wire.

instead of paying 1.75 you paid 5 dollars a foot.

hell i could DOUBLE even TRIPLE the wire and make multiple runs for the same price

Edited by Julian

High paying moron

dang.. well thanks for the help.. geeesh can you please not treat me like that.. im just a noob..

You were asking for it, there are much cheaper alternatives.

i suggested a much better, cheaper alternative, which is trusted in the car audio world.

hell i could DOUBLE even TRIPLE the wire and make multiple runs for the same price

what alternative was that??? sorry its just that you seemed like a NAAB wich is lower then a NOOB as well since you dont have that many post.. like me.. sorry about that. :hay: sorry you are the best..what terminals should i use? silver copper or platinum for my 0 gauge wire? i already have gold plated + battery terminal

Well I guess there goes my theory on being tight on budget!!

Damn bro.

Either way look at darvex.com for your terminals.

I suggest getting the crimp on connectors and soldering them with a torch and the thickest soder you can get

good luck

what alternative was that??? sorry its just that you seemed like a NAAB wich is lower then a NOOB as well since you dont have that many post.. like me.. sorry about that. :hay: sorry you are the best..what terminals should i use? silver copper or platinum for my 0 gauge wire? i already have gold plated + battery terminal

check Knukonceptz the CCA is very cheap and is very good.

There, can't read either?

Actually, they deserve your money.

:noob:

Edited by Julian

I say welding cable :peepwall:

check Knukonceptz the CCA is very cheap and is very good.

There, can't read either?

Actually, they deserve your money.

:noob:

yes sorry couldnt read.. i am noob :noob::fing34: what do you say about the terminals what do you recomend?

this is a vid my friend(jay-c76) made for me that helped me wihen I was having trouble here. It works really well.

I think we decided that the flux isn't necessary and mapp gas works best.

I have fun making these

Well I guess there goes my theory on being tight on budget!!

Damn bro.

Either way look at darvex.com for your terminals.

I suggest getting the crimp on connectors and soldering them with a torch and the thickest soder you can get

good luck

ahh ok will def look into it.. i need a total of 7.. hope its not much.. shouldi get platinum or gold plated??

this is a vid my friend(jay-c76) made for me that helped me wihen I was having trouble here. It works really well.

I think we decided that the flux isn't necessary and mapp gas works best.

I have fun making these

that was you on the video?? the guy seemed kind of :greddy2: to mee..but good vid,.

I say welding cable :peepwall:

to late i already ordered 30 feet of stinger pro HPM cable.. :(:noob: what do you say about terminals gold or platinum plated??

These are good terminals. 1.30 a piece

0 Gauge Ring Terminals

get the battery terminals that allow you to screw down your ring terminals

something like this

BTRG.jpg

or this

SPT53103.jpg

Edited by Turner

No that wasn't me in the video. My friend in Ohio made it for me since we live so far away it was the easiest way to show me how to do it. Since you are such a noob I thought I'd pass it on to help you out.

He is a member on this site

jay-c76

and a person's post count is not always a reflection of their experience

does anyone know where i can find a positive ring terminal that can fit all those extra wired my nissan comes with? i dont want to cut them i just want to know if there is a terminal out there that can match it.. ive been looking around at scorpion stinger but havent had any luck yet.. anyone know of anything that matches this?? one of the conections seems to be power and the other has fuses on it.. here is a pic

CIMG2232.jpg

How many are there? There should be one that goes to the starter one to the fuse box and one that goes to the alternator.

They are probably 8ga. The factory alt wire on our camry was for gauge.

I just replaced all the wires on both terminals when I did my big three upgrade.

There are probably only two wires on the negative terminal. 1 to the engine and one to the body.

Take a picture that shows a little more of the battery. That one is too close to see anything.