monsterman

AA Havoc 15" Daily Power Handling

So I've done my research and found numbers ranging from 1400-2200. Considering I will have 2750 rms on tap for this puppy, I would like to know a more accurate recommendation for daily power handling from either personal/professional experience. My setup is in signature.

I ask because I would like set the amp via oscilloscope. I have a tendency to go overboard with everything.

Thanks for having me to the forum and I appreciate any suggestions or comments.

2750wrms will smoke it.

500-1000wrms will smoke it, if the person behind the volume knob is a loose canon.

800-1250wrms is plenty to power the Havoc. People use more with success but its not something you will be covered under warranty should something go wrong.

i have 2 havoc 15's each with it's own rockford fosgate T1500-1bd for power

each amp puts out about 1850 watts, i don't think my gains are set at absolutely optimum, i could probably get a smidge more power if i grabbed an O-Scope

Elliot at defiant audio (very knowledgeable, if you are looking for AA gear on the east coast between new jersey and virginia he's your guy) told me that 1900 is pretty much the absolute max that he would give it in a sealed enclosure like mine, and that your wall is probably about 1500-1600 for a ported enclosure

i am guessing that the subs are getting maybe 16-1700 watts at full bore if that

3kw is killing my electrical, i drop to 13.4 when it is hammerin and i have the engine steady on 2k this is still in the safe range of course, i am jsut saying it is below the 14.4 where it was metered at 1870.

only had these subs for about a 3 weeks now, and the first week i went easy for break in so i wouldnt say it is safe to do that for a year, but for right now it seems to take it jsut fine

but remember I AM RUNNING IN A SEALED ENCLOSURE!

in a sealed box no more than 1200 is needed, ported they will handle a couple hundred more..

sealed subs can take more power than ported subs, this is common knowledge,

1250 watts...is the RMS..and it is the RMS for a reason.

99% of that energy that you are putting into that coil is NOTHING but heat :)