S_rangeBrew

Output of my ESX 75x2 amp?

Wow, this is great, a forum for some of the best amps ever made!

I have a pair of ESX amps I purchased when they were being sold online a few years ago. I was amazed when I got them. They are beautiful amps. The heat sinks are so damn hefty, I swear I could use them to pound in nails.

Well, I have always heard that the ESX amps were under-rated. Is this true? If so, by how much on average? (I have the 75x2)

I'm using one of them bridged on an old-school Lanzar American 10" sub in a sealed box. This pro car stereo installer built it for me. It was his personal sub, but he couldn't use it anymore, because Lanzar had started building crap and he wasn't selling their stuff anymore. He was kinda sad to let it go. Anyway, he said that sub could handle a "lot" of power in a sealed box... 200 watts was the *least* he would use. All I know is that the ESX 75x2 bridged doesn't have a problem. That little sub POUNDS! So I figure the amp is putting out a little more than 200 watts.

I'm going to take some pictures during lunch break and post them up on the picture thread.

Anyway, keep up the good work. You shouldn't have made your amps so good! I just keep moving these ones from car to car, they never break! :fing34:

Any chance you still have the amp?

I would love to get that small amp like the 75.2 for my front end.