sickone

thinking of getting two 18" ssds

so i am thinking of getting two of the ssds fully loaded. i had two fully loaded 12" btls before and i loved them i want 18s and thats what i can afford. with that being said i have a 300 amp alt, two red tops, and two bd1001s in a chevy silverado 1500. does anybody know what kind of numbers i could expect off the two subs. the best i did with the 12s was a 151.6 on a term lab at the windsheild

thats no where near enough info to even take a stab in the dark....

its all install depentant, and environment

What bigjon said

All I can tell you is that I m running two SSD18's on about 1800 continuous, and they are beastly. Man, just do it already- they are a great deal! I can't give you any solid TL numbers, but I am an installer and they are awesome sounding and loud as all hell.

Edited by The SSD Madman

Different subs and enclosures will give you different numbers man. You may have done 151 with 2 12s, upgrade to 2 18s and do lower numbers.

You may gain quite a bit too, but there's no way for anyone to give you a definitive answer. You may find that you'll have less room to make a proper box for the 18s, with less room to experiment or angle subs/port how you want. It should move quite a bit more air with a good low-tuned box though. Why don't you post up some pics of the setup once you're done.

For real, are you sure you did 150s? If you ask this question, I really doubt you have the knowledge to do such a high score. Also, big sub sizes depending on the "Space" you have. It would be dumb to have two 18 SSDs and only have the room for two 15 SSDs now wouldn't it?

yes, in order to make the SSD18's really shine, you will need about 6-8 cubic feet per driver for a ported setup, but even going with more than that (12-15 cubic feet per driver) will not hurt the low end, though the box q will limit the power handling of the sub beyond the "optimal" box sizes. I love my SSD18's, and they are some of the most brutal subs I have ever owned, but I think that's just due to the fact they are 18's.

Going into a Silverado will limit your options on that front quite a bit, I would imagine, unless you have a crew cab or or planning on running a blow-through box.

You know you could get the btl's reconed to 18's cheaper than geting two new ssd's