cheese20323

What amp does this compare with?

US AMPS MERLIN MD1D AMPLIFIER 1200 WATTS RMS AMP - eBay (item 200477055940 end time Jun-26-10 12:02:09 PDT)

I have two RE REX subs and want to run them temp on it and i think this is a pretty good deal. If i do push the RE's with this amp i will have to set the gain order not to pop them only reason i ant is because I might keep it for future upgrades Tell me what you think.

The REs should take 1200 carefully

The RE's i have are only rated for 250wrms and that amp is 1200wrms what do you mean by carefully.

I ran 2 re8s on a saz1500 for about 6 month with no problems.there underrated. Look out for stress and don't over do them. I'm not saying you can't hurt them but if your smart you can push them pretty far.

So your saying for like a little demo or showoff just do them for like 30seconds or what?

I'm just saying use your head and listen/smell for the woofer stressing.adjust your amp accordingly.

They are D4 and ill be running them at 1 ohm and will probably set the gains with a dmm

hi this is a Mono (1- Channel) amp so is this possible to run 2 subs wt this amp ?

i'm a newbie :(

hey welcome to the forums and we are all noobs at one point in our life!

to answer your question you can run any number of subs off of a mono amp! mono means single channel. keep in mind as you add subs to the amp each sub will share the power. so for example if you have a 1000rms amp and put 4 subs on it each sub will see 250rms each!!

make sense?

also if you have anyother question and feel scared to ask them in pubic (on the forum that is) feel free to p/m (private message) me any time! i am always glad to answer questions!!

hi this is a Mono (1- Channel) amp so is this possible to run 2 subs wt this amp ?

i'm a newbie :(

so you want to get a 1200rms amp (that is a nice amp btw) to push 2-subs rated at 250rms each right? so in total you only need about 500rms tops?

so now i must ask why are you getting a 1200 for a 500rms subs? do you plan to upgrade to 4 subs down the road when the money comes in? or for a future application?

if you don't plan to do any of that maybe jsut get an Orion 600D amp and call it a day that way you can play it safe! i know some times when i drink to much and i want to pound my subs i don't hear stress lol so maybe over powering subs isn't a good idea!!

other then that here is a the amp i speak of!

Orion 600D Amp: Mono - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

the last time i seen one on ebay it sold for 45$ lol i know b/c i was bidding on it and i got screwed on the last 5secs of it lol!

I have 1 RE SE right now and want to get the other one so it can make the amp output full power. But for right now I'm looking an this one, or any one in the 1200rms range for under 190.