Sign in to follow this  
wattsgoinon

help with dp 21's

ok well no feedback from my thread in the sub topics so im reposting similar in here, ive got four of the dp 21's and i need help on enclosure type and size, i like bass thats loud and low, i have an astro van so room isnt too big of an issue, 21's are new to me so i need all the help i can get, what would be better for my situation, 8 or 10 cubes per sub and what would be the best port size per cube and what should i tune it to, hopefully the people on this section have had the pleasure of experiencing the joys of hearing the 21's firsthand,also what would be the best box setup for all out loud walled by the b pillars, walled all the way to the back or in the back with the subs up and port back please help me out here so i can get the best use out of my quartet, oh i will be powering them with 2 jbl a6000gti amps , is this too much, i have three i could get one more for one on one action if they could take it , all opinions will be greatly appreciated, thanks

I'm walling my 4 at the B-pillars in my Expedition. You will have a ton more room than I will though...It all depends on what you wanna do. I'm tuning pretty low because I love lows too.

They are great woofers. :D

im thinkin maybe i should have got wardens i may get 1 more a6000gti and 4 wardens that way for daily i can run the 4 dp's on 2 amps and for comps i can run the 4 wardens with 4 amps thatd be pretty cool i just want to here what these 4 sound like asap though

or i could just get 2 more dp's and run 6 with the 3 amps i have now, that would take a lot of room though, any opinions

Six warden 21's, two per amp, subs up port back @ 28hz :peepwall:

well as of now i was planning on puttting two subs per amp with the 4 death penaltys i dont think id have enough room to go 6 with the subs up and port back because id have no room for the amps or batteries each amp is damn near 3 foot by 2.5 feet by like 1 foot plus they do weigh 125 pounds per amp ill probably do like 8 batteries, over 100pounds per batt, plus 6 subs that weigh over 60 pounds per so that might not be such a good idea ill probably just stick with the 4 i also plan on using 2 inch thick mdf this local company produces plus its only like 30 dollars a sheet but it is very very heavy i dont know what im gonna do yet

has anyone reading this had or hat least herd the 21 inch dp's? what do they sound like? pretty bad ass or what?

has anyone reading this had or hat least herd the 21 inch dp's? what do they sound like? pretty bad ass or what?

I had 1 in my ex cab truck. It is very loud, very strong, and gets low. I tuned my enclosure to 28hz and the 21 was an absolute monster. It broke the roof brace in my truck. You can look me up on youtube and I have a few videos. I am BigdaveIA on youtube.

so what was the cubes you used and would you do that setup again or would you use a different frequency? how low can i tune them?