lilredfocus

jacob please help with wiring up my 100.4

jacob please help me with this wiring issue im having. i have 3 ascendant audio mids in each front door and 1 in each rear. theyre all 4ohms. my question is can i run all 3 off the front set of channels safely(or should i say am i gonna kill it if i do) . the rear would be on the other channels. basically i wanna do it this way so i can control balancing the sound. then i have a 50.4 to run the 8 tweeters- 2 in the dash 1 in each front door and 1 in each rear door. the xo will be 80hz-about 2450 @12db/oct on the 100.4 and the tweeters will be xo at 2500@18db/oct on the 50.4. the tweeters will be mounted just in front of the door handles on all 4 doors. here are a few pics so u can kinda have an idea thanks and for the millionth time great product. btw i wanted to buy all sundown subs but you didnt have any available when it was my time to get some. if i can get a good price on 3 z 15s im still interested but id have to get rid of my havocs. when would the zv2's be available

Edited by willie7380

mag22.jpg

1 of the tweeters will be in front of the door handle

mag21.jpg

same here and there will also be 2 more in each side of the dash

You can series two and parallel the third one in to each of the front channels.

Other then that you can just do 2 mids per channel like I am doing. Trust me, you won't hear any difference at all.

see from what the spec read it is only safe at 2 ohm stereo......

but the only two ways you can run three 4 ohm speakers on 1 channel is either at 1.33ohms or at 12 ohms...

so its a tough one....

you can run 2 on each channel at 2 ohms but with a 6 speaker set up thats gonna leave you with an empty channel....

i know this question is for jacob but im just tryin to work it out with you.

see from what the spec read it is only safe at 2 ohm stereo......

but the only two ways you can run three 4 ohm speakers on 1 channel is either at 1.33ohms or at 12 ohms...

so its a tough one....

you can run 2 on each channel at 2 ohms but with a 6 speaker set up thats gonna leave you with an empty channel....

i know this question is for jacob but im just tryin to work it out with you.

i know and thanks for the input. it sucks cause im tryin not to crowd the front doors or id just put all 4 in them

Other then that you can just do 2 mids per channel like I am doing. Trust me, you won't hear any difference at all.

do u think itll make a difference with the 3 being in a kind of a common chamber with 2 on 1 channel and 1 on another

Power distribution will be off, the two in series are going to be receiving less power then the one you paralleled them with.