BumpinLTC

Bl box question

I know that because of the weight of the bl15 i need a double baffle box. But what if any is the best way to secure it to the box? (via regular screws bolted in etc)?

Edited by BumpinLTC

I would use drywall screws , The length depends on the thickness of the wood.

Hope this helps.

Edited by joe_prince

the double baffle is also for box flex.. i used temperd screws at first.. but i found those snap... you need a screw that will give a little i found some grey deck screws that seem to work well on subs but have failed me on holding my amp screwed to the top of the box.. NEVER a good idea.. unless its TRIPPLE or more baffeld but i had no choice.

It would be 3/4 inch mdf board so a total thickness of 1 and 1/2 inches. Ive never dealt with a sub with that much weight and ive heard at some places that t-nuts and bolts have been used to secure it to the box. thanks for the help guys. Any suggestions for a good brand of screws to use? BTW if you would happen to know if the Bl comes with a gasket on it or where could i find one to prevent air leaks?

It would be 3/4 inch mdf board so a total thickness of 1 and 1/2 inches. Ive never dealt with a sub with that much weight and ive heard at some places that t-nuts and bolts have been used to secure it to the box. thanks for the help guys. Any suggestions for a good brand of screws to use? BTW if you would happen to know if the Bl comes with a gasket on it or where could i find one to prevent air leaks?

t-nuts didn't work very well for me, and if it is that thick you could get away with 2" screws I'm pretty sure.

tell me if I'm wrong. I'm not 100%

I think ill keep it simple and stick with the drywall screws since thats what everyone is recommending lol. No need to build a box and destroy it rite away lol. I think i shall leave that task to the Fi.