Frostedflakejake

SAZ-3000 two quick ?

Two quick questions that are really easy but i can't seem to find.

Is the remote that comes with a SAZ-3000d for bass-boost or gain? I think it's for gain but i want to be sure before anything bad happens.

Also, i have read what to set the Subsonic filter too, but what about the Low pass? Is it just a "whatever sounds better to you" thing? Or will setting it too high hurt my Sub?

thanks!

man, you probably shouldn't get 3k watts if you don't know these things.

the knobs are gain knobs and you can check by just turning it up and down and if you lose all bass or not will determine which knob it is.

Low pass is set to where you want all the frequencies below to go to the sub.

sub sonic is to be set a few clicks below tuning.

I know WHAT a lowpass filter is. I said i didn't know where to set it. My question was if i set the lowpass too high, can that harm my sub?

And i already knew about the SSF but thanks anyways!! :drink40:

And i just wasn't sure whether the remote was for Gain or Bass Boost. I know some kicker amps have a remote which is for bass boost and i know most other amps are for gain. I just wanted to make sure i had it right. I apologize for wanting to make sure i had something right before i send a clipped signal to my BTL. It's just i've had so many issues and so much bad luck with my set-up. 1/2 my fault, 1/2 bad karma i guess. Just now-adays i take things 1 step at a time and double check everything.

Those things won't help you with clipped signals. :suicide-santa:

the most common way to clip a signal is by the gain being to high or when ppl use those silly RCA voltage boosting devices.. and or when ppl use that stupid bass boost thing and don't know how to control it properly!

if you set your low pass filter to high can you harm the sub.... if the sub only has a range of 10-Hz (for example) and you want to cut it off at Hz NO or if you cut it at like 300 yes only b/c well you are playing it out of manufacture specs... but normally why do you want your sub playing anything over Hz anyways? over Hz i leave for my mid bass speakers!

and yes the remote you get with ANY sundown amp is a remote GAIN knob! let say your set the gain on the amp to 1/2 (output say RMS FOR EXAMPLE) and the you plug your remote in the remote will either give you 0 (all the way turned down) or 1000 (all the way turned up) that way if you set your gains on the amp appropriately then you have nothing to worry about as the remote will not break RMS (your initial setting on the amp itself)

does this answer your question? if not please restate or re-ask! and enjoy your day!

In reference to Phi, i thought using bass boost increased the chance of sending a clipped signal?

i know that a filter won't send a clipped signal if i made it seem that i thought that.

CrazyKenKid:

Your information on the Gain remote was extremely helpful. I was wondering if one canceled them out or how they worked together but now I know!

But I don't seem to exactly follow the info on the High Pass. I got that it can hurt the sub and not to put it out of manufacture specs but that's about it. ha. Sorry, i bet what you said probably makes sense to some people but i just can't grasp it. Maybe if i get more detailed, you can help me better.

I have a BTL in a 32hz box built by yours truly. I have absolutely NO CLUE where to set the high pass. OH, the box is about 7.3 cubes if that helps.

as to others, I know how to set subsonic filter. I know how to set gain with a multimeter (wish i had an oscope :wub:) and now thanks to CrazyKenKid and Phi, my remote question is solved!

Correction on my last post, i don't know where to put the LOW PASS. not the high pass. My mistake.

So can someone help me on what to do with the LOW pass?

thanks

Low pass depends on your front mids and how low they can play. Usually 80 is a good starting point but the lower the better. If your fronts can play to 60 even better. You just have to tune it bro. Set it up where it sounds best.

if you want to meet up. i will tune everything for you :) if that helps you out in anyway. i can tune it perfect for you my dude. lemme know :drink40: