drzenitram

15" RL-p in a teensy car

Okay, so I want to mount my woofer inverted because I have two very small, but very ugly dents in the cone. This means that my box can be 7" high, 24" deep, and 30" wide.

7x24x30 MAX.

So, for the most effective box SQ wise, what should I build? I'm running it @2ohms on a viper d1200.1(so about 800 watts).

Thanks, guys.

Not to be a dick, but mike at SS has already covered this subject numerous times.

do a quick search of other threads in this section and you will find the answer ;)

Not to be a dick, but mike at SS has already covered this subject numerous times.

do a quick search of other threads in this section and you  will find the answer ;)

All of the other threads are with boxes that are much, much too big for my car.

Those dimensions allow for a good sized box...

If you use 3/4" MDF... 2.04ft^3 becfore displacements.

I would go sealed.

The dims don't matter it's the total cube you want to know. So using Neons 2.04 and your max allowed dims and lets assume that you want to shorten the width so you would calc 7 * 24 * X = (2.04*1728) giving you 7 x 24 x 20.98 internal dims or 8.5 x 22.5 x 25.5 external

inverted or otherwise....

1.25-1.35ft^3 sealed...

1.75-2ft^3 ported tune3d to 30-34hz...25-35in^2 of port..

if u go inverted, all u have to do is the math to figure out how big the box will be with no sub displacment.

ported, u'll just need to figure in port displacement...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

inverted or otherwise....

1.25-1.35ft^3 sealed...

1.75-2ft^3 ported tune3d to 30-34hz...25-35in^2 of port..

if u go inverted, all u have to do is the math to figure out how big the box will be with no sub displacment.

ported, u'll just need to figure in port displacement...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

are you sure ported should be 1.75-2ft? Wow. I thought it was supposed to be atleast 3ft^3? If so, I won't invert it and I'll just go normal.

Is there any difference in sound between inverted and not?

I think Kent's (mrray's) suggestions were made with the RL-p12 in mind. With your limited space, I would definitely recommend stickin' with the sealed box, as close to 2 cu ft net volume as possible.

I think Kent's (mrray's) suggestions were made with the RL-p12 in mind.  With your limited space, I would definitely recommend stickin' with the sealed box, as close to 2 cu ft net volume as possible.

yep, :lol2: my bad! :idiot:

i was thinking 12..u have a 15.....sorry bro!

i agree with mike..aim for about 2ft^3 sealed, inverted or otherwise. no loss of output or sound quality by going inverted.

if u go ported, aim for 2.5-3ft^3, tuned in the 30-34hz range. 30-45in^2 of port....

and if u invert and go ported, like scott mentioned, make sure u account for port displacement...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

go sealed, using those dimensions you listed.

If you mount the sub normally:

2.04ft^3 - 0.21ft^3 (driver displacement) = 1.83 ft^3

If inverted:

2.04ft^3

:)