Sign in to follow this  
Hell-Razor

HU bass settings, woofer settings.. etc

Currently on my HU there are a lot of options for bass and sub settings. I currently have the bass setting to zero and the sub settings at -20 (lowest it can go) and on my amp I have set my gain using a DMM and reading the "how to set your amp gain" post. Now I was just curious if by having the subwoofer to -20, and having my eq for anything below 50hz set to zero or lower (on my hu) is hurting the performance at all. Currently, the gain on the woofer is about 70% of the way up and its not clipping. Do I set the sub (lets just say) at 0 and same with the built in eq for anything below 50hz? Will this improve anything?

And yes I would re set the gain on my amp.

EDIT: I forgot to mention my HU is a Pioneer DEH-P7100BT

Edited by Hell-Razor

None of that is hurting performance. The only thing is that you should set the gain with the sub output on the head unit at 0, not -20. With it at -20 you'll have to turn the gain up a lot higher to achieve the same output. Not that it matters, since a signal is a signal and the gain setting on the amp is just to match it. However, if you set it at 0, that leaves you with room to turn the bass down relative to other speakers from the head unit if you want.

None of that is hurting performance. The only thing is that you should set the gain with the sub output on the head unit at 0, not -20. With it at -20 you'll have to turn the gain up a lot higher to achieve the same output. Not that it matters, since a signal is a signal and the gain setting on the amp is just to match it. However, if you set it at 0, that leaves you with room to turn the bass down relative to other speakers from the head unit if you want.

Thats what I figured. But you dont know 100% until you ask. I think ill just set things at zero and re do my amp gain.