Curtis96olds

2000 watts to work with, what to pick

ok i have a bit over 2k watts to work with @ 1 ohm, (AQ2200D) i have roughly 5 cubes of space to work with, which would get louder, 2 FI Q 15's sealed, or 1 BTL 15 ported? this will be going in a extended cab dodge dakota. i listen to i would say a 50/50 mix of rap/hiphop and metal/metalcore/deathmetal

Edited by curt96olds

Single 15 BTL! i say get the loudest out of your space wouldnt prefer sealed for rap.

Single 15 BTL! i say get the loudest out of your space wouldnt prefer sealed for rap.

yeah if i was listening to just rap id go ported for sure, but i just dont like the way ported sounds with metal/metalcore, right now i have an AQ sdc2.5 15 on 500 watts tuned to 38hz and i dont like the sound of it on metal but it kills rap (for 500 watts that is) so im looking to get a ton louder and sound better doing it.

Go two Q 12's. Perfect set up for you.

you mean 2 12 Q's ported? or sealed? if sealed then i want 15's

Go two Q 12's. Perfect set up for you.

you mean 2 12 Q's ported? or sealed? if sealed then i want 15's

Yeah he means two 12"s ported.

hmm i dunno, i might just go with the 1 15 BTL to save on cost, as long as it completely destroys my current setup ill be happy. i know it will be louder but i just dont know how much louder, i mean im quadrupling power, but cone area is staying the same, and im tuning lower.

hmm i dunno, i might just go with the 1 15 BTL to save on cost, as long as it completely destroys my current setup ill be happy. i know it will be louder but i just dont know how much louder, i mean im quadrupling power, but cone area is staying the same, and im tuning lower.

Hi, curt, I have 2 12's in a sealed box with 2000 watts and I listen to metal, rap, yanni ! I must say I am not disappointed at all in everything I listen to. The metal just Kicks my ass and the rap sounds unbelievable. Since you have a p/u I would suggest 2 12's sealed over the 15 because 2 12's have more surface area which translates to more db's. Good luck in your quest!

so i decided to go with the BTL, and i just modeled up a box, let me know if you guys think this would be good, 4.5 cubes with a port heigh of 15.5 inches, width of 4 inches and a length of 27.75 inches which should bring tuning to roughly 32hz. or is that not enough port area?

Edited by curt96olds

ok i have a bit over 2k watts to work with @ 1 ohm, (AQ2200D) i have roughly 5 cubes of space to work with, which would get louder, 2 FI Q 15's sealed, or 1 BTL 15 ported? this will be going in a extended cab dodge dakota. i listen to i would say a 50/50 mix of rap/hiphop and metal/metalcore/deathmetal

I would go with two fi q 12's ported at 27 hz. One of my friends has a single q 12 ported at 27 and it sounds amazing. It won't be any type of spl machine but the q's slam and sound great at the same time.

I would go with two fi q 12's ported at 27 hz. One of my friends has a single q 12 ported at 27 and it sounds amazing. It won't be any type of spl machine but the q's slam and sound great at the same time.

but would 2 12 Q's ported be louder then 1 BTL 15? considering the Q is a SQ driver and the BTL is a spl driver. i mean i know its more cone area, i just dont know how much that cone area would help.

remember, my goal is to get LOUDER then what i have now, and if it sounds a bit better that wouldnt hurt too, if i get a different sub and its not any louder, or just barely louder, it wouldnt be worth the money in my opinion, it needs to be a clear upgrade.

Edited by curt96olds

it doesn't look like the Q is what he wants. Get the BTL, man. its your money.

I have a single BL 15 on a SAZ-2000. It will get very loud and sounds good too. I have a 34 Hz tune. Metal sounds crisp and rap/hiphop will get loud and low.

Hmmm, well why not go with 2 12" BLs ported in that case? JMHO though.

Seems like cost is an issue, that is why he wants to go with one 15" BTL over 2-12" Q's. 2-12" BL's are even more than the Q's :peepwall: