IshbOO

Rl-p making noise

Yo I just got my new amp in 1600w @ 1 ohm.

Hooked up my subs and all, and one of my rl-ps kinda makes a rattle sound, not too much of a rattle but you hear "something". Anyone know what this could be? Maybe my enclosure? they are in i think 2.8^3ft sealed box. When i turn it up i cant really notice it but not sure what it is.

make sure everything is secure..subs, bracing, internal walls, everything...

and it's only one sub? and only at lower volumes?

really sounds like something is loose....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yo I just got my new amp in 1600w @ 1 ohm.

Hooked up my subs and all, and one of my rl-ps kinda makes a rattle sound, not too much of a rattle but you hear "something". Anyone know what this could be? Maybe my enclosure? they are in i think 2.8^3ft sealed box. When i turn it up i cant really notice it but not sure what it is.

my rl-is did the EXACT same thing. Turns out i didn't cut the hole for the sub big enough, so there was a small gab between the sub and the baffle of the box. Make sure it is sealed well all around. just an idea though. something else might be loose.

alright, ive been thinking the same thing. Ill be sure to check it out, thanks

god i love the look of the logoless rl-p's... wish they still were like that, but gotta get the name out i guess

god i love the look of the logoless rl-p's... wish they still were like that, but gotta get the name out i guess

yeah, my RL-p is logoless as well...thinking about slapping the two stickers that Mike included with the sub onto my box and call it a day :P

The signed woofers are even better.

Not everyone knows about that ;)

The signed woofers are even better.

Not everyone knows about that ;)

:peepwall:

IshbOO, keep us posted on your problem - hopefully it is something as simple as a leak in your box or the driver hitting some loose material in your listening space. Funny story: I had a customer ship back a driver that he thought was defective a few months ago, but it turned out that there was just a loose piece of carpet that it was flapping against at high excursions. Upon testing his returned driver it seemed fine, but I had already sent out the replacement so I wrote it off as over with. Then when the guy told me his other driver was giving him the same problem, I had to ask him some more detailed questions and he eventually found the real source of the problem was just some interferance from outside material ;)

But hey, I want to make sure your equipment is working well, so please closely inspect your driver and get back to me so we can get ya patched up under warranty as soon as possible if there is a problem with the driver.

IshbOO, keep us posted on your problem - hopefully it is something as simple as a leak in your box or the driver hitting some loose material in your listening space.  Funny story: I had a customer ship back a driver that he thought was defective a few months ago, but it turned out that there was just a loose piece of carpet that it was flapping against at high excursions.  Upon testing his returned driver it seemed fine, but I had already sent out the replacement so I wrote it off as over with.  Then when the guy told me his other driver was giving him the same problem, I had to ask him some more detailed questions and he eventually found the real source of the problem was just some interferance from outside material ;)

But hey, I want to make sure your equipment is working well, so please closely inspect your driver and get back to me so we can get ya patched up under warranty as soon as possible if there is a problem with the driver.

hey mike, My box is pretty chitty, it was my first so i don't think i cut the holes big enough for the sub. I took out my sub and filed around the edge of the box, and slapped the sub back in. It sounded sooooo much better when i did this, There are still a few air leakes, maybe 1 or 2, but very very small compared to what it was. I am getting a new vehicle withtin the next week or so, just made an offer on an Integra yesterday. So i plan on building a box right away. I dunno if I have room for a ported enclosure for 2 12s, Should I go bigger sealed? or stay the same size? Or maybe even selling one, and porting the other one. Not sure yet. But Yeah it sounds more clear and boomy now than ever, so im almost positive it was my enclosure.

Seems you're already running around 1.2 cu ft net per driver sealed - I wouldn't really recommend going any higher personally. If you're lookin' for more output or just want to mix it up, going ported with one or two drivers would be cool. I'm sure a single ported RL-p12 in an Integra would be more than enough for most people.

awesome to hear that it is fixed