DMark1

Customizing Q15s for Home Theater Use

I want to build a sub for home theater, using 2 Q15s in one sealed cabinet. What modifications can Fi make to optimize the Q15s for home use? I'll need a complete listing (including Le inductance) of the modified T/S specs for my modelling. Ideally, I would want the drivers to be optimized for a sealed cabinet volume between 4 and 7 cubic feet.

Thanks.

Edited by DMark1

The Fi Q's will sound amazing as is in a home theater setup

He is asking about customization though, email nick@ficaraudio.com.

You don't need inductance figures. It plays up to 80Hz fine..and you shouldn't be playing anywhere near that in a HT setup anyhow. As far as what options you would need..really depends on how much power you are running. The Hqts and inductance ring should be a given for the sealed enclosure. If you need cooling or not depends on how much power you intend on running..

I want to build a sub for home theater, using 2 Q15s in one sealed cabinet. What modifications can Fi make to optimize the Q15s for home use? I'll need a complete listing (including Le inductance) of the modified T/S specs for my modelling. Ideally, I would want the drivers to be optimized for a sealed cabinet volume between 4 and 7 cubic feet.

Thanks.

just be sure to get the high qts option and a nice amp. That's all you need to have them sound great.