gadgeteer123

8" mid-bass drivers to keep up with xcon

I told you to go re-read the noob guidelines before posting and this is what you come back with??? Stop being so lazy. :( :(

Ok, well I have the xcon installed again along with the rewound alternator to 180amps. New 0 gauge wire and Big 3, my voltage doesn't dip on the low notes anymore and it stays above 13v for the high notes, It sounds much better and intense now. Also since i got this new alternator my upper bass is more noticeable, but I still am lacking what I want. Also an update to what i am looking for i need a 6.5"-10" driver that will be as loud as the xcon in the 60hz-100hz area. The enclosure it will be going in needs to be less than 1 cu ft. This all will be going in a 92 buick century wagon, I would like the cost to be less than $150 per driver, and when i say as loud I mean i want to feel everything from the drum kicks to the bass of the announcers voice. Also as far as what i already have in the car, i have polk db 4x6 in the front window, polk momo 6x9's in the rear in non sealed enclosures, hooked up to a 400rms crunch amp with 12 gauge wire for the speakers. So let me know what you guys think.

There is NO single 6.5"-10" driver that you can use in 1cuft that will be anywhere near as loud as an Xcon at 60Hz. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Well I was planning on putting 2-3 of them in my car thats why i wanted such a small enclosure, I was gonna by them one at a time since thats all i can afford.

Change your box it's tuned too low. If it was somewhere around 33hz it would have still killed the lows and sounded good at like 45 hz-50hz.

I don't its crossed at 70hz but I want something that can play that high.

why?

I don't understand how you had enough money to buy an xcon and a fancy box but you can't put a quarter of that into your front stage.

Edited by eggyhustles

With only one Xcon, you can just get a good component set and instal it as it should. Dampening, sealing holes in the doors,...

I have the hpf and the lpf at 100 hz. And I like it like that. .

I don't know if your 4x6's are good enough.

You don't need PA speakers for a single 15" !

Mom wont let him do a proper install in her wagon so he is trying to afro rig something he can blow up.

:suicide-santa:

I know I have made my mistake but why does everyone have to keep assuming that I am going to blow something up. I just need some help, and you guys won't help me, if I could find what I am looking for, nothing would get wrecked and I do learn my lessons you just assume because it happened before that it will always happen. Also, I have found out part of the reason my mid-bass is so weak in my car is because my hifonics amp can't do notes that high very well. I sat right in front of the sub the other day while adjusting some settings and every note that it hit above 60hz distorted and it wasn't even turned up all the way. So I turned my crossover down to make it so I don't wreck anything but now I really need a new amp.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

NO, you don't get help because you don't try very hard in your questions. The guidelines you've been told to read probably 80 times if followed would make your thread successful, but you don't seem to care to take the time to do that. Where's the fail?

huh, I read your guidelines and in my question on page 4 I stated everything that the guidelines wanted me to, I truly don't know what else you are looking for. I followed the rules from the link on your signature.

huh, I read your guidelines and in my question on page 4 I stated everything that the guidelines wanted me to, I truly don't know what else you are looking for. I followed the rules from the link on your signature.

Why has it been so hard all this time to help audiophile? I can see that he is giving as much info as he can and he just keeps getting told no one can help him cuz hes not givin enough info, what is missing? Instead of ppl telling him what wont work why dont u tell him what will work. Sounds like he has 150 bucks for each speaker and has enough room for 2-3 speakers with 1cuft each is everyone saying he cant get anything that will make his midbass as loud as the xcon. Then some ppl say the xcon will play that high but if it can then y is it not enough when he crosses over higher.

Problem is when people give good advice, STA thinks he knows better and wants to argue, then proves himself wrong in the end.

Ok, But I don't have any suggestions on a mid-bass that can come close yet. so can you please help me?

Instead of asking us to do all of the "leg work" and submit drivers for your "approval".....why don't you do the leg work, find some midbass speakers that fit your budget and goals, and if you are unsure you ask us if the drivers you've selected will meet your goals. I can't count the number of times I've sat at a computer for half an hour searching a dozen websites for products that meet the posters requests only for them to dismiss all of my suggestions for one reason or another and select instead an inferior product they found on their own. It's not worth everyone else's time to do your leg work.

I don't mind helping someone choose between given products......but we shouldn't be expected to sit here and do the research for you.

I was just thinking that with all the people with extreme amount of bass in there car, that someone would already have a driver that is good at this and they can just tell me what they use. But I will come up with a list for you to go through.

Visit these sites to check out different drivers you can run:

madisound.com

parts-express.com

usspeaker.com

Go check out zaphaudio.com and see his reviews on speakers as well.

How high in the frequency range do you want these to play, where will your tweeters/high be crossed at? Most of those speakers are more for sub-bass duty then mid-bass duty but that depends on how high you want them to be crossed at.

I was going to cross them from the lows at 50-60hz 24db slope and from the highs at 100-120hz at 12db slope

So your gonna have you sub crossed from 50hz on down on a low pass filter. Then your gonna have your midbass speakers play bandpassed from 60hz-100hz and I guess have some components to play from 120hz on up.

Maybe Im reading this wrong but that seems like these are your goals, correct me if im wrong.

So your gonna have you sub crossed from 50hz on down on a low pass filter. Then your gonna have your midbass speakers play bandpassed from 60hz-100hz and I guess have some components to play from 120hz on up.

Maybe Im reading this wrong but that seems like these are your goals, correct me if im wrong.

well the sub will be at 60hz at 24db, the 8" midbass at 50hz-100hz and the components from 90/100hz and up. I will need to play around with them a little once installed, so it may not be exactly that, but that is what i am going for.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile