cheese20323

In need of some help.

Well I dont know were this falls into but my brother wants to change were his Soundstream BX-10 remote is I took a few pics of his dash and pretty much the interior so you guys can give us some ideas. It is a like an epicenter but not the original not an amp remote.I also want to know if you can take apart the box were the knob is and make it that"custom look"

rtf6df.jpg

t6p6c9.jpg

204g2w.jpg

When it comes to disassembling something like a remote knob to integrate it into the interior for that one off custom look, it's almost ALWAYS possible. Now, that said, how good the end result functions and works will depend entirely on the person who is doing the work's patience, imagination and finally abilities to execute the job. I think integrating that knob into the dash is a great idea. With just those pics it's really hard to give a good recommendation on where to put it, I'm sure others will help there. I'm a BIG fan of one off custom work, I've seen IR remote integrations, screen integrations and several remote adjustment knob integrations over the years. Go for it man, it will be great.

What more do you need? Alton replied with everything you need to know. It depends on how custom you want it to look.

just an idea but if you turn it side ways and mount it between the two buttons by the auxilary/cig lighter drill a hole just so the turn knob and light stick out

Edited by icy_chris

that was what my brother was thinking he might try to take it apart he's a little comp junky so i think he knows what he's gonna do we'll see what happens

so we went ahead and tried doing that knob thing by putting it under the emergency light switch it worked good for a few seconds until til we shifted into reverse and broke it, so it left a big hole which is why we covered it with that nismo emblem sticker and just for fun we ended up putting a kill switch for the amp and bass processor where the cigarette lighter was.

fwrlo1.jpg

2lxcehh.jpg