vladd

not exactly a "which is louder"

I want sql, i want subs that are tight as can be but still hit you in your chest and get loud. My atlas 15s are loud but just not quite loud enough, my bro still thinks his audiobahns were better, so i need louder, but still tight bass.

here's what i'm considering, feel free to suggest other subs but keep them 15s, keep them round, and keep them non-mainstream, if a 15 year old will know what it is, i don't want it

the top of the list is the ones i'm leaning towards, only 3 in the list as of now though

1. Stereo Integrity Mag

2. Soundsplinter LMT

3. Ascendant Audio Avalanche -maybe should be in 2nd

i've heard great things about the mags, the soundspliter seems to lack spl and needs tons of wattage to get loud, i'm not all about that, the avalanche i have no idea what to expect...i know the atlas was great and i'm sure the ava was too but the new ava might not be, and who knows when it'll be out.

the soundsplinter doesn't lack spl. what ppl are trying to get across is that's it's not an spl oriented driver, and as such may not be the loudest option available. however, i will say with certainty, the soundplinter brand will get loud and sound awesome doing it.

the same goes for the new mags. they are extremely clean drivers and paired with the proer enclosure will definitely hit u in the chest.

i know nothing of any ascendent sub, so i won't comment.

but either of the first two will indeed be an awesome choice..with the proper power and enclosure, will indeed make u rbro's 'bahns appear as lacking as they truely are.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i was going to mention the adire line, but in all honesty i just don't like the attitude the guy has (dan i think it is). I didn't want to mention this cause so many people think he's great, but i don't and i don't want to support his company, and before you reply understand that it is my choice and you probably won't sway it.

right now i have the 1 orion 1200d and 3.13cubes tuned to 36hz with next to no port area, so i will most likely be doing new boxes...almost guaranteed actually, i'm wanting to start some fiberglassing soon and make about 5 cubes each, but we'll see how that goes :-D

i would probably get another 1200d which means i can get about 2500W @ 2ohms stable lower too

edit: the atlas 15s definately show up the bahns but he won't admit it, they are SOOOO much better sounding and the loudness is close but i win for inside the car loudness, outside the car it still sounds weak, but i consider that a good thing

uhm...the orions would be, 3.5 in parallel is 1.75ohms which puts me above 2500W total or about 1250 per sub, still on the small side, i'm thinking the efficiency of the stereo integrity will help me here as i don't want to run anything more than two 1200ds

ok...but they're 3.5ohms per sub right? 2 subs = 7 or 1.75 ohm

Yep.. 1200d is rated at 1200W @ 1 ohm, unless you are talking about strapping two together (which I never read you doing), then 2400W @ 2ohms, which you should be able to run at 1.75 ohms with impedance rise.

2 LMT's = 6-7 ft^3. Have that much room?

Yep.. 1200d is rated at 1200W @ 1 ohm, unless you are talking about strapping two together (which I never read you doing), then 2400W @ 2ohms, which you should be able to run at 1.75 ohms with impedance rise.

2 LMT's = 6-7 ft^3. Have that much room?

"i would probably get another 1200d which means i can get about 2500W @ 2ohms stable lower too"

and i know a guy that runs his strapped at 1ohm with no probs, plus i don't care to abuse it just a little since i have a hookup :-D

edit: i have the two boxes right now at 3.13 each and if i fiberglass then i can squeeze out at least 6-7 probably much more.

Personally, I think you have a basshead problem. :D

Those two 15s have more than enough displacement potential. And they should be ver effiecient with the power you have on tap.

As far as the other drivers are concerned:

The Avalanche is no longer available according to Chad.

The Magnums, while being my favorite, are going to need more than 2.6 cubes for a pair. Way more. They'll also POSSIBLY necessitate another amp. A final 2 ohm load will yield only 600 watts on your amp, and while 300 per driver is plenty for me, from your description, it seems as though you will require more power and output.

The RL-S, while we all know how well the other versions perform, the newest driver is still an infant. The capability is there, but I personally would not shell out $500 on a driver that is unproven yet. I would wait til that proto gets passed around and have some time to play with it, so I knew EXACTLY what it likes, dislikes, and performs. I love personal experience over anyone's word. Hell, I'd almost say the same thing with the new Mags, as they are a 100% new design compared to the old, but I am biased.

So maybe take all that with a grain of salt, as I somewhat contradicted myself, but I just wanted to state my opinion.

I think you should first look at ways of improving your current setup before spending any money on new stuff. That's how I always go about it. It's cheaper, and you are already well-acquainted with your current equipment.

ok, let me clarify my setup and whats going on. Right now i can give each 15" subwoofer 3cubes no problem. If i glass an enclosure i should have no problem giving them 5cubes each(if need be). Buying another 1200d and strapping them won't be a problem either as i'm actually working now and don't really have any bills. Buying new subs is not a big deal either cause its not me buying them, my gf said she would do it for me, so there's no way i'm passing up the opportunity to get ~$1000 worth of subs (thats what my max limit is...ish)

the subs won't be bought till december as an x-mas present so maybe Ascendant will have their new line out by then, but who knows, for now we can compare the avalanche was all i was saying.

I 100% agree i don't like going on number for the RL-S, it could be an awesome sub, or it could suck and no use to gamble. i'm hoping as people demo them i can get better responses here.

as far as being a basshead....i can't help it, i'm truly not impressed with the shake my nuts loudness. I mean they get LOUD but i also accept they aren't high end subs and i am starting to see their limitations. if i'm going to get free subs, i want the best sub for me that i can get. i hate sloppy bass though and would rather keep my atlii than give up SQ at the volumes it'll play at

EDIT: i've decided to wait for Ascendant's new line, i talked to chad and coupled with how pleased i was with these subs for the money, i don't think my confidence will be misplaced

I vote mags for sure,

even though i've decided to stay loyal to ascendant, i'd love to hear some of the mags if there's anyone close to me (blacksburg, VA) that has the old or the new, or hell if there's anyone close that just wants to show off their system and drink beer, i haven't personally met anyone around here that really knows subs, and i am very new to the hobby

honestly I dont think there was a bad choice in the bunch

honestly I dont think there was a bad choice in the bunch

i figure all of them should be very close in performance, but figured the difference would mainly be in how they deliver their performance...spl sq sql