Sign in to follow this  
barnie

midbass/midrange drivers

morning all

im looking for a decent set of midbass/midrange drivers need to be 4ohm though, i have about 95wrms per channel from my genesis stereo 100 for them, the tweeters will be run from another genny amp :D

any ideas,

ive been looking at the digital designs w6.5 but looking for other ideas

the list of whats available isnt huge in the uk so i may import some

cheers lads

I have the DD W6.5's

They are monsters.

Ive sent the pair a good 600W and they didnt seem to complain

:+1:

I just installed a set of the lotus and all I can say is wow! I got mine running from an Audison VR and they are icrediably smooth. They don't go real deep in my application (80 Hz x-over point) as I have not sealed or deadened the doors just yet, but as is they reproduce the cleanest midrange I have experienced.

Go to Seas home page or check out www.mobilesq.com (US importer). I have a second set I rescued out of someones closet, they have never been mounted, check out the specs and the reviews and you can shoot me a pm if you may be interested.

I am running mine with some scan-speak tweets, and I have to say with just some minor tweaking on the timing, I have a stage that goes on and on.

Just checked out mobilesq, and their site is down, try www.madisound.com, they carry them as well.

I just installed some CDT ES-600 woofers and these things are a beauty. May not have a "beefy" midrange but its a true soudning midrange. No overemphasized sound to it, very clear, very detailed and can loud as crap!! Its the first time i've put my volume 60/80 and the speakers didn't even give signs of being pushed hard, i think the tweets were going before the speakers would. While the price may shy some people away, i think its a good investment.

Go to Seas home page or check out www.mobilesq.com (US importer).  I have a second set I rescued out of someones closet, they have never been mounted, check out the specs and the reviews and you can shoot me a pm if you may be interested.

I am running mine with some scan-speak tweets, and I have to say with just some minor tweaking on the timing, I have a stage that goes on and on.

i found the specs i was after prices

sweet cheers im from the UK though but i you wanted to send them that would be great

i was looking for prices as i couldn't find the price in the UK and id rather not deal with the uk distributor , (dont ask)

i use a pair of Planet Audio P6 comps and they are "crisp & clear" also they are rated @ 100rms and i am using a PPi 4800 to drive em @ 2ohm putting 200watts rms to them and they are flawless

for 80.oo i would put em aginst Mb Quarts or Focal anyday :P bang for the buck well worth it

What exactly are you looking for out of the drivers? A certain range would be nice, and what is the intended application?