Sign in to follow this  
iceteebone

building a box for my rl-p's

i'm gonna be feeding each of my 12" rl-p's about 1200 watts rms a pice and want to build a sealed box. i'm thinking 1 cube each will work well. what do you guys think?

iceteebone! First off, allow me to thank you for the name-dropping you do around the various forums when people are looking to work a driver into an application that the RL-p will excel in, I really do appreciate it and am very happy that you are happy with your RL-pizzies! tongue2.gif

That said, I think you're on the right track and that the 1 cu ft net volume (1.18 cu ft gross internal) would be a good place to start given the ungodly amount of power you are throwing at that poor little RL-p wink2.gifthumbup.gif

You might even consider movin' up to 1.2 net if you want a little more extension down low, along with a little more output up high - but it's all up to you, with that amount of power the 1.0 net should do ya well.

1.25 sealed will rock your world with 1200 watts, dude. Carefull with the gains though, with that much power on tap, clipping can kill your sub quick.

I like what finebar suggested

It could work, but you will give up some low-frequency extension along with overall output.

I would strive for at least 1.2 cu ft gross internal volume w/ 1 to 2 lbs polyfill.

It could work, but you will give up some low-frequency extension along with overall output. 

I would strive for at least 1.2 cu ft gross internal volume w/ 1 to 2 lbs polyfill.

i can do 1.1 cubes (that is after the driver displacement) and then add a pound or 2 of polyfill to each chamber?

my rl-p 12 sounds amazing in 'about' 1 cube.have no fear ice, its gonna sound real nice ,get plenty low and be loud.even in a small box!

my rl-p 12 sounds amazing in 'about' 1 cube.have no fear ice, its gonna sound real nice ,get plenty low and be loud.even in a small box!

i know they can get loud. i used to have them ported in my jeep run off a pg tantrum 1200.1. now i have a car and want a smaller box.