xAndrew225x

Q vs BL

what would be better for listening to rap i see people saying the q is good for lows and not good on highs, and then the bl sounds better on highs and doesnt do well on the lows?

Just buy the bl and call it a day. It will do well on the lows... It's a subwoofer for christs sake, and I know I'm being very generalist right now but sometimes there's no need to get technical especially in this case...

what would be better for listening to rap i see people saying the q is good for lows and not good on highs, and then the bl sounds better on highs and doesnt do well on the lows?

Just buy the bl and call it a day. It will do well on the lows... It's a subwoofer for christs sake, and I know I'm being very generalist right now but sometimes there's no need to get technical especially in this case...

:fing34:

Get Drew to school you on what SQ really is. The general public is so blinded by this term, its not even funny.

Hahaha! Drew has no idea what sound quality is.

Colby Webre

Where in Louisiana are you man?

As long as the box is well built you won't hear a difference in the two.

Livonia, are you by any chance friends with Colby and Jude Webre? lol

In fact I am very good friends with Colby lol

thats what i figured! jude told me something about an andrew jones that had beat in louisiana lol

Drew can't even spell beat.. Or Louisiana for that matter. Lol!

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I have nearly the exact same question.

Trying to decide between Q's and BL's

Will be 2 12's with either my current amp (Cerwin Vega Stroker 2000.1 or a RE Audio VLX-3DE 2400)

Music choice will mainly be Techno, Trance and Drum & Bass. But like most realms of rock from classic to metal.

Im replacing 4 Diamond D3 12's In a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Iv done a tone of research on various subs and Im thinking Fi is the way to go!

Just dont know which ones. Im thinking Q's

P.S. thanks for hearing out this noob !

Edited by Grandwj

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I have nearly the exact same question.

Trying to decide between Q's and BL's

Will be 2 12's with either my current amp (Cerwin Vega Stroker 2000.1 or a RE Audio VLX-3DE 2400)

Music choice will mainly be Techno, Trance and Drum & Bass. But like most realms of rock from classic to metal.

Im replacing 4 Diamond D3 12's In a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Iv done a tone of research on various subs and Im thinking Fi is the way to go!

Just dont know which ones. Im thinking Q's

P.S. thanks for hearing out this noob !

Q is a sound quality based woofer. It's for people who want the greatest sound quality and get loud at the same time.

The BL is a lower powered BTL. It will get really loud and still have decent sound quality but not compared to the sound quality of the Q.

I would honestly go with 2 fully loaded SSD 12's. Just because you have the option of going sealed or ported.

BL ported ONLY.

Q Sealed or Ported

Hope this helped!

I haven't heard a BL yet but i'm gonna purchase one just for the hell of it. But the Q is accurate and semi loud. I'd say BL if you want loud. If its the lower powered version of the BTL then its a good choice for loud.

So there is a significant output difference between the Q and BL in volume. Anyone got a db guess on 2 loaded Q's optimal spec ported box. in a suv? Im not looking to win spl comps, I want super clean bass at mid to low vol most of the time, but when im in the mood I want it to be LOUD.

Edited by Grandwj

So there is a significant output difference between the Q and BL in volume. Anyone got a db guess on 2 loaded Q's optimal spec ported box. in a suv? Im not looking to win spl comps, I want super clean bass at mid to low vol most of the time, but when im in the mood I want it to be LOUD.

BL for you then, there is a noticeable difference in output :)

OK so BL's take the lead. After some research I was thinking the same, I have never heard a True SQ system, so my Idea of sq is probably nothing like true sq.

SQ to me is a box tuned below 50hz lol!

OK so BL's take the lead. After some research I was thinking the same, I have never heard a True SQ system, so my Idea of sq is probably nothing like true sq.

SQ to me is a box tuned below 50hz lol!

99.999999% of people that are comparing the Q and BL do NOT want the Q. The whole misperception of what SQ is makes them feel like maybe it makes sense. Classic way to tell? If there is no reference of the front stage and how to integrate it with the sub then the Q is really not the right driver.

man this thread is old. lol

go ahead and jack it all you want, no use to me anymore. LOL

Thanks everyone!

Loaded BL 12 D1's it is!

Now just gota get rid of my old D3's to get the BL's