Sign in to follow this  
joebangaa

got rl-p's!

sv3003870rz.jpg

too lazy to paint or carpet the box, but supa_c spraypainted the port haha. All in all it came out decent...had a couple air leaks in the face and i was too lazy to take the subs back out and seal from the inside so I glued some spots from the exterior...then i realized i should have just added a couple extra screws on top lol. 3.0 ft^3 net ~34hz. and i get to say i met mike from SS! who else can say that? i wanted the logoless + sig but he was out of the logoless, but the anodized cones w/ logos were my 2nd choice.

i haven't had extensive playing time with these babies yet, but they are quite the impressive drivers. i've only listened to rap and stuff like that so far so the SQ hasn't been PHENOMENALLY better than my old solo setup but they are tighter, get lower, and have a slightly different tone (maybe some would say warmth?). o...and they're LOUD. once i throw everything i got at it will i be able to give a half decent objective review.

looks sweet man

Elias was right, looks like quite the tight fit

ps, psycho72 has met Mike as well

Looks loud :)

Why not just spray paint the whole box? It'll look so much nicer!..

But hey, looks are probably the least important thing here so do whatever you want :bigok:

or cover it in that tuff kote rhino liner style crap. That makes for a real cool look IMO.

BTW looks goo...nice and big, strong and loud

The bed liner was what we were going to do .

However, Joe wouldve been at my house another 2-3 hours if we had done it, which we both didnt want

or cover it in that tuff kote rhino liner style crap. That makes for a real cool look IMO.

Speaking of which, you know where that stuff can be had at a reasonable price?

I've seen it on finished boxes but never used it - would like to give it a shot myself!

Speaking of which, you know where that stuff can be had at a reasonable price?

I've seen it on finished boxes but never used it - would like to give it a shot myself!

I don't think there really is a cheap liner solution. I think the cheapest I have seen is like $100 bucks on egay or some of those $30 cans o crap from the local autostore. If you find one though please let me know.

Duplicolor cans are $6 at walmart

The roll on version is $50.

Duplicolor cans are $6 at walmart

The roll on version is $50.

i've had good results with the Duplicolor stuff

Freakin Wallmart, for all the deals I have never been in one, not because I am better than but because I have never seen one around where I live....guess I am gonna have to make a trip....

Duplicolor is only paint to match the outside of your car no? How about the bedliner, are you saying to goto the W for that too?

They have the 2in1 scratch fix OEM paint colour.

wal mart has cheap sutomotive stuff. Thats where i buy all my detailing equipment.

Its like $2-3 more at autozone/kragen

Man I hate that store, but I guess for this I will go...

i may go carpet i'm not even sure..

it looks loud, cuz it is loud lol. honestly i dont even know what i got myself into. sometimes i feel like taking a 12 and putting it in my room at home for HT usage and just use the other for the car. i know they get loud as hell as is but i feel like the big box and the ultra-rattling trunk really compromised the results i was looking for. in any case, i'm at least glad i can pump my amp like i never had before. with the solos it was set at less than 1/3 gain and all my h/u settings were set to zero in terms of bass. now the gains are set at 1/2 and the bass settings tweaked slightly, and the rlp's don't sweat a bit. my kickers were on the verge of distortion at the lower settings...i just wish my alt could handle all the amperage draw with the higher settings and draw. i have dimmage like no other!

i must say, after a couple days of nonstop pounding, these drivers have really grown on me. they don't have the peaky response that my solos had, very flat across the range. and, i decided to throw all the fast double bass beats i had at them, and the rl-p's reproduced them as well as i could have asked. thumbs up to mike and SS. these subs make my old solo setup look like a fartbox

i must say, after a couple days of nonstop pounding, these drivers have really grown on me.  they don't have the peaky response that my solos had, very flat across the range.  and, i decided to throw all the fast double bass beats i had at them, and the rl-p's reproduced them as well as i could have asked.  thumbs up to mike and SS.  these subs make my old solo setup look like a fartbox

LSQ rules!..... now plug that port and enjoy even more 'tightness' :fing34: