Sign in to follow this  
pooltable9

SUBS!!

I have a mmats D300HC produces 1200 WRMS and I heard you have to play with ported boxes because of which tuning frequency to choose to sound better. So I think I will choose a sealed enclosure. By the way, my amp is rated at 2ohms mono. would you choose (1) 12Q dual 1ohm, or (2) 12SSD. the Q will get 1200wrms which is rated 1000wrms which I know I can choose the cooling option, or 2ssd 12's which will get 600 each which I know they are rated at 800wrms per sub.

What are your goals from the sub woofers?

I'd get two ssd's

Ported or sealed? If you have enough airspace to properly port the 2 SSD 12's, I'd say go for them. Even though they are an entry level sub they still have alot to offer. You're going to get more output with 2 12's and you have more coils to share the power so less heat and wear on your subs and amp. Also, you aren't maxing out your sub. I have used the AA Chaos (cousin to the SSD) and loved it. Clean low bass and plenty of output. I was actually running my Chaos 15D2 on my AP15001D daily with no problems. That's almost double power, but it's clean that's the key. Just my $.02.

Ported or sealed? If you have enough airspace to properly port the 2 SSD 12's, I'd say go for them. Even though they are an entry level sub they still have alot to offer. You're going to get more output with 2 12's and you have more coils to share the power so less heat and wear on your subs and amp. Also, you aren't maxing out your sub. I have used the AA Chaos (cousin to the SSD) and loved it. Clean low bass and plenty of output. I was actually running my Chaos 15D2 on my AP15001D daily with no problems. That's almost double power, but it's clean that's the key. Just my $.02.

what do you mean clean?

clean* means not clipping th signal from the amp having it set properly not just turning everything up and make sure in ported the subsonic is set just below the box tuning

Sign in to follow this