gcs8

quick question

if atatching the LLP to the plastic back side of my door what glue shuld i use and witch side do i glue to the door?

like so?

DSCN0749.JPG

Are you using the LLP as a decoupler? If you are using the LLP for a de-coupler it doesn't matter which side you glue as long as it decouples the door panel. I use upholstery glue, it will say "for use on foam" right on the can.

uhmm maybe, i am a sound deadener noob and i am sure i am not using the right term but i am hear to learn haha. will the upholstery glue play nice with the vinyl side or should i just use the foam side?

LLP is a barrier so using it like that doesnt do much as far as blocking out noise. but what applying it like shown can do is lower the res freq of the panel (in which doenst matter what side is attached) or act as a decopler as tatts was saying in which it prevents the plastic from touching the metal of the door (while its not a big difference i would say just like the pic foam out would be best)

As stated LLP is a noise Barrier. The vinyl layer(MLV) is the noise barrier and the foam(CCF) is meant to decouple the vinyl. Damplifier is a for controling panel resonation.

What are your goals?

If you are trying to use LLP on your door, I personally would attach the foam side to the metal of the door (what that plastic panel attaches to) not to the plastic door panel. You will want to completely seal the door.

First thing you must understand is you will NEVER kill ALL road noise in a car, only lower noise floor inside you car.

You should listen to your car while driving without the stereo and decide where the most offensive noises are coming from. Deal with the loudest noises first and repeat as neccessary, otherwise you will waste alot of effort/money on the wrong places.

you will find a combination of things will ultimately help you lower the noise floor of your car. What you are showing in the picture will NOT kill road noise, only stop the plastic from rubbing(decouple) on the metal if it where in the spot where they are touching.

I would work more on killing the noises at there source. If you are trying to stop noise from traveling threw the door, you should glue a full sheet to the metal panel, foam side against the metal. Why? because the foam is decoupling the MLV from the metal panel. Why a full sheet? Because MVL is a barrier.

The door should look kind of like this after the Barrier is applyed.

med_gallery_10399_356_73922.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_63591.jpg

hows the Velcro treating you?

Well, with my doors the way they are..i had to screw part of the door trim panel into the door itself, so it's pretty impossible for it to come off.

8511647.jpg

The bottom part is screwed into the door.

I know on the SDS website it sells Velcro to hold it on, so i imagine it works great.