Sign in to follow this  
osheabraggs

X series

250 watts rms so I would say anywhere around 500-600!

If you are going to push well above the rms, just save up a few more dollars and get the SSD.

250 watts rms so I would say anywhere around 500-600!

Not on a 2" coil.

No way.

If you are going to push well above the rms, just save up a few more dollars and get the SSD.

this.

I was thinking of using one on the back channels of a sax100.4 as a possibilty which is about 350-400.. Would that be too much with the BP option

Should be about right for the BP. BP helps thermal more than mechanical. In the right enclosure with the settings correct... should do great.

Thanks,

Scott

Looking at picking up an X12, and running a similar spec: 420w off a sub channel at 2ohm. Curious if the BP option is a good option for a daily driven car, and what are the right enclosure and correct settings for this driver? Looking at placing my order this week.

BTW - head unit is a 880PRS, amp is a kicker 700.5, and car is a 07 Civic sedan. Musical tastes run wide open...

Thanks in advance...

As said before...it's up to you to set things correctly. If you abuse things then the speaker will simply burn up..if you have things set up properly, then it'l be fine.

I have four of the old Fi X 12's. Is there any advantage of using the single slug motor in the newer version? IIRC the sensitivity is just about the same as the older version. Just wondering!

Time for a change with the look vs the old. We have moved the SSD and Q over to the "look" of the BTL... same so with the X. Not any specific advantage, just keeping it in the BTL family.

BP would help with that kind of power to it. 2 cuft tuned to 33Hz makes for a solid lower powered setup. Does that amp have any provision for a subsonic filter? An adjustable filter is a must on ported applications. Otherwise sub goes into over excursion below tuning and can ruin itself mechanically...

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this