touchdowntodd

2 or 3 SA-8s with a 1200 ?

I have an area with teh following dimensions for a box

10"high prefer 9.5"

32" wide

16" deep prefer 16 but 18-20 available

anyways,,, is it worth gettin the 3rd sub? will i have room?

or will 2 be fine anyways ,, and 3rd wont make any sound difference?

i know there is a wait on em, im already planning as i save up money

its for a 63 impala.. im sik of people saying you have to use JL and all these overpriced underperforming brands, and i wanna shock people with 8s LOL

ideally i would vent thru the rear deck or evenbetter through the small stock speaker hole in the top center of the back seat (i think about 6" around) with the subs facing back into the trunk, that would be WAY cool and probably be loud as hell in the car.. this is ovbiously not an spl install or anything, just cruisin and hittin shows.. i dont think i have enough depth to create a portt from behind the subs, and i know a port facing up on subs facing backwardss would be awkward, so i assume im gonna end up port facing same as subs.. another reason i was against this is that it will throw the subs to the side in the box and mess with the centered look in the trunk

if your going to vent through the rear deck i would use a 4th order with a lil plexi to show the woofers off, 2 would be just fine in a 4th also

im too dumb to know anything about what type of box that is and all..

so 2 should be good? id rather it sounds best, so pushin 2 nicely is probably better than 3 that arent getting enough watts

1.25 cubic feet = 300 watts

1.00 cubic feet = 400 watts

0.8 cubic feet = ~450-500 watts

0.6 cubic feet = ~500-600 watts

This is a recommended power chart from Jacob st sundown for the sa8. So 2 ported would work great, and easily fit in your box dimensions. I'd shoot for 1.2 cu ft net tuned to 30 hz. And be reasonable with the gain.

i had two SA-8s on 1500w in a 1.3 cubic foot box. it would blow your mind for real!

steve, got any specs from that box? i can beleive it was BANGIN

im tryin to stay around 800-1000 rms because i dont wanna do too much to my electrical

1.3 ft3 28hz 1- 4inch round port