BanginGMC

Who has their amps mounted on enclosure?

I've always been against it, because it seems like it would vibrate the living fuck out of the guts and possibly make parts become loose and resulting in the amp being faulty. BUT! I am tight on space, and might have to do so.

So i was wondering if everyone who has done this before can tell me if their amp(s) had a problem, if so what problem and/or if the amp was fine.

Please include name(s) of equipment!

Thank you!

I've always been against it, because it seems like it would vibrate the living fuck out of the guts and possibly make parts become loose and resulting in the amp being faulty. BUT! I am tight on space, and might have to do so.

So i was wondering if everyone who has done this before can tell me if their amp(s) had a problem, if so what problem and/or if the amp was fine.

Please include name(s) of equipment!

Thank you!

Probably a poorly made amplifier with cheap parts. Every amp that i have own in my 10 plus systems had the amp on the box and never had a problem doing it that way for more than 5 years now. If you want to take extra precaution then put another piece of mdf between amp and box or put rubber padding under the mounting feet.

**Everything in the car will be vibrating especially with the subs and amount of power your planning on running, but I understand were your coming from. Just my logic.

The main reason I always mounted my sub amps to the enclosure is the lack of space with dealing with 3 amps in a car, so if space is limited then go ahead or you will have to change your plans. Compromise :drink40:

Okay, that makes me more comfortable with doing so. I'm running out of space quickly here..

I Do! and havent had any issues.

Perfect.

oh wait,

...I have no clue where i'm going to be putting the batts :suicide-santa:

Can they fit under the sits laying on there sides?

Not even close, i have about.. 4 inches of height under the seat.

I was thinking about the bed, then running wires under the truck, coming up into the cab.. but, idk.

I was thinking about the bed, then running wires under the truck, coming up into the cab.. but, idk.

I dont see why that wouldnt work if you have everything planned already, if its possible then go that route. Are you doing a blowthrough?

I dont see why that wouldnt work if you have everything planned already, if its possible then go that route. Are you doing a blowthrough?

No blowthrough, i have a rough design of the enclosure.. but i don't want to leak it out because i'd be pretty upset if someone were to steal my ideas before the enclosure is made.

Roughly 8 cubes behind my seats of an ext cab

You dont have to tell me the design just curious as to what you were planning on doing, the only thing about having your batteries in the bed is that you will have to run some more wire back into the cab to get the wire to your amps. So if your willing to do that to keep your plans then go ahead. But maybe others will chime in with alternatives.

It sounds like it shouldn't be a problem, i'll have to get a nice metal enclosure to house the batts while being in the bed.

Tool box of some sort..

i did it in the towncar.. because of space... but i run a 1.5 inch thick box... still not thick enough to stop all the vibs.. so i also use endlink rubber bushings under the feet...

i would run a tripple 3/4 inch baffle if i had to do it again....

PS i break amp mounting screws even with everything i do to stop the evil.

i did it in the towncar.. because of space... but i run a 1.5 inch thick box... still not thick enough to stop all the vibs.. so i also use endlink rubber bushings under the feet...

Did it damage the amp at all?

I'll probably bolt the amp down instead of screws.

Did it damage the amp at all?

I'll probably bolt the amp down instead of screws.

not yet...i prolly dont play as much as some people tho.

If you have bucket seats, you could build a console in between the seats to house the batts. That idea may only be good for one or two maybe three batts. If you have more than 2 or 3, i guess move them to the bed.