RXdriver11

Has anyone ever seen a thermal light faintly light up

I have a RF T1500-1BDCP that once it is powered up its thermal light is lit very dim. The amp still delivers sound (and tons of it) and the protect light does not come on. It does this once the amp has power ground and accessory wires connected and radio is turned on. The system has runs of 0gauge KunKoncepts (+ and -), big 3 0gauge, optimum red top up front. Alt is 110 amp soon to be upgraded. I tested the wiring with an old P300-1 and it didn't have the thermal light show. I checked ground, and voltage and both were good. Anybody ever seen this happen? Even though the rest of the system wasn't connected yet it is pushing 1 FI BL 10" (fully loaded) running at 2 ohm. let me in on your input..

is the amp running hot or cutting out? if its not i wouldent think it would be a large problem.

is the amp running hot or cutting out? if its not i wouldent think it would be a large problem.

Nope. its not running hot or cutting out. And that thing pounds like hell. I didnt think it would be a big problem because its brand new but I am watching it, and looking for some input from the forms..

could it be some light bleeding through from the power light, making it look like the thermal light is very dim?

could it be some light bleeding through from the power light, making it look like the thermal light is very dim?

I thought it was that so I removed the cover plate and tested it. It clearly is the red thermal light on that thing (the power light is blue). Ive tried every trouble shoot I could think of and nothing..

Nope. its not running hot or cutting out. And that thing pounds like hell. I didnt think it would be a big problem because its brand new but I am watching it, and looking for some input from the forms..

Then I don't think you should wory about it. It's probably a stray current going through it, that's what I think no real problems there