Sign in to follow this  
wayneo99

can someone please help me with wires?

basically i just wanna no all the wires i will need for my system consisting of 2 subs, 2 amps, components, and a big 3 upgrade. what i have listed is: 1/0 knukonceptz power/ground for the amps to the battery and the big 3 upgrade. 10 gauge speaker wire for the amp to the speakers. 1 question i have about the speakers is do i hook up the crossover to the amp then the crossover to the speaker? and all with speaker wire? also do i use RCA cables or speaker wire to connect the sub to the amp? and finally do i use RCA cables to go from the amps to the head unit? if i got anything wrong please tell me. any help is appreciated!! thanks!

first thing you need to realize is that RCA's are only used to transfer the "preamp" signal from the head unit to the external amplifiers. Speaker wire goes from amps, to woofers. 10 gauge is fine for sub, 14-16 is good for your components.. each crossover have 6 places to connect wires.. a total of 3 + and - sets.. one of the sets is the input to the crossover (which comes from an amplifier) the other two sets are outputs. one set is for the woofers, the other set is for the tweets the 14-16 gauge wire is used for this