Sign in to follow this  
woofy

Good battery ?

Have a ford F150 truck (1995) ,

Im in need of getting a new battery i think (the sundown saz1000) makes my headligths dim, big 3 allready done and i have a 95 amp alternator on it. I bought this smaller amp so i wouldnt have to upgrade my electrical . I think my weekest link is my battery .What Battery Brands would you reccomend and also if there are any so called sleeper batteries (Walmart,kragen, autozone) that are a great buy .Not looking to spend 150 bucks on a battery either . Thought the system could handle 2-10" subwoofers and a 200 watt amp to run the mids, tweets .

Everythign is wired in 4 guage as well.

Lets hear what you all have to say !

Have a ford F150 truck (1995) ,

Im in need of getting a new battery i think (the sundown saz1000) makes my headligths dim, big 3 allready done and i have a 95 amp alternator on it. I bought this smaller amp so i wouldnt have to upgrade my electrical . I think my weekest link is my battery .What Battery Brands would you reccomend and also if there are any so called sleeper batteries (Walmart,kragen, autozone) that are a great buy .Not looking to spend 150 bucks on a battery either . Thought the system could handle 2-10" subwoofers and a 200 watt amp to run the mids, tweets .

Everythign is wired in 4 guage as well.

Lets hear what you all have to say !

the only decent battery you can buy from those places is a optima yellowtop..

Look on Amazon at Kinetik HC1400 ($172) or largest you can fit, Free shipping and the price is damn good, IMO.

I bought a HC2000 and 2 HC2400's in the past month and ordering another 2 in a few days. ($279 for the 2400)

Wonder why I will need all these batteries........hummmmmmmmm.