My voltage is dropping down to 12.4 at high volume this is off an 180 amp alt with three battery in the back (kinetik 2@2400 & 1@1400). The 12.4 is at the amp and my voltage at the front battery drops to about 12.9 & 13. Would i gain any dbs if i upgrade to a bigger alt? I have been thinking about upgrading for awhile now just wanting to know if I'll see any diffference to justifly the upgrade. I am running an audioque 3500d (the old one) @ 1 ohm.

+1 for Julian :)

Well said, Julian! :drink40:

OP: I've seen a lot of people say they noticed a large gain when swapping alts. This could just be mind tricks, but a higher voltage is always better if you think it's louder or not!

This is on idle. When i am driving it drops to around 12.8 to 13 at the amp and about 13.4 to 13.5 on the front battery. How about throwing in another battery? Would this help keep my voltage up? I just hate to add more weight to my car. Even at the voltage i have this amp is pretty much at its max, correct?

A bigger H/O Alternator may be better if you can get one, how often do you charge your secondary batteries?

A bigger H/O Alternator may be better if you can get one, how often do you charge your secondary batteries?

interested in how often they should charge them.

+1 for Julian :)

Well said, Julian! :drink40:

OP: I've seen a lot of people say they noticed a large gain when swapping alts. This could just be mind tricks, but a higher voltage is always better if you think it's louder or not!

Thanks guys.

This is on idle. When i am driving it drops to around 12.8 to 13 at the amp and about 13.4 to 13.5 on the front battery. How about throwing in another battery? Would this help keep my voltage up? I just hate to add more weight to my car. Even at the voltage i have this amp is pretty much at its max, correct?

Well, first off i'd give a couple alternator companies a call such as DC power Engineering(:wub:), Irragi, Ohio Gen, Etc and see how much a HO alt would be, if it's only a little more expensive than a larger battery (say a d3100) I'd just go with the HO alternator instead.