Sign in to follow this  
vwfamily

DCON 12D4 or 12S4

So I am piecing together parts for my new sound system in my new VW CC. I decided to go with the SSA DCON 12".

Before I purchase, I'm not sure weather to get the 12D4 or the 12S4. I know the difference and the advantages (I think).

The amp I am using is a 5 channel Kenwood amp. According to the specs in the owners manual it puts out 350w RMS equally in 4ohm and 2 ohm in the sub channel.

I understand that if the amp was to put out more power with a 2ohm load then I should def get the 12D4 so I could wire it in parallel and get a 2ohm load and draw more power from the amp. This amp as mentioned earlier however puts out the same amount of power.

This means that I don't need a dvc such as the 12d4 ... right?

I am just making sure it is the way I think it is!

TIA :fing34:

Doesn't really matter if your gettin the same power either way.

If it is going to put out the same power at either ohm load I'd go for the S4 because with the higher impedance it will be easier on the amp and the electrical running it.

If it is going to put out the same power at either ohm load I'd go for the S4 because with the higher impedance it will be easier on the amp and the electrical running it.

Nice ... that's what I was thinking!

Nice ... that's what I was thinking!

x2. Agreed.

There you have it :)

Thanks for choosing SSA!