So far I'm loving the new system but I've noticed with some songs (the loudest) and also at idle my voltage can drop down to 12v. It always jumps back up to 13.8+ volts after the bass hits...

Should I be concerned? I still need to upgrade a ground under the hood, hoping that will help a bit.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

hehe there's your problem. 3 yellowtops. If you told Rob you were running yellowtops, he would tell you to use different batteries. He recommends against using yellowtops for car audio. Get rid of them and get deka 9a31s. You probably will be okay with two of them in the rear. I had 3k on on one 9a31 in the trunk with a deka 9a34 under the hood and the xp 270 alt. I only drop down to 13.4-13.5s even with all accessories on and full tilt tone.

A perfect ground will help A LOT!

If it were me.. i would be concerned. Do you have the BIG 3 in 0ga?

im running a sundown 3500 on a excessive amprage 300 amp and 2 xspower d6500 bateries and cheap stock bat up front and i drop to 14.1 ful tilt 13.7 with the lights on i start at 14.7

A perfect ground will help A LOT!

If it were me.. i would be concerned. Do you have the BIG 3 in 0ga?

Big 2. Waiting to get a bit more 0ga (should have it by tuesday) to do the engine block to frame ground...

Nothing on I get 14.5-14.6 volts.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

I just sanded down the ground under the hood better. Later this week I'll upgrade the other ground..

Decided to measure my resting voltage on my front and back batteries. Front is resting at 13.0v, rears are at 13.2v :shrug: