Sign in to follow this  
antonmiller

recone, does it matter if universal was selected?

hi,

I dont remember if i selected the Universal option and i want to switch my BTL d2 to a d1, can I still recone it to a d1 if universal wasnt selected?

Thanks,

Anton Miller

Taken directly off fi site:

Universal: This option gives you the choice to later chance the impedence of your voice coils. You can change from dual 2’s to dual 1’s and vice versa by reconing them. If you do not choose this option your motor(s) will be optimized per the coil resistance that you have chosen. (Dual 2’s will forever be a dual 2 motor, Dual 1 will forever be a Dual 1 motor).

I would contact Fi! They should have record of your order and be able to tell you what you selected.

The universal option is the D2 gap.

So if you had a D2 you can go to a D1.

If you had a D1 and didn't select the universal you can not go to the D2. The gap is optimized for the D1 coil and is to tight for the D2 coil.

Someone just started a topic called universal option in the general fi section not too long ago. It was explained in there that the D2 gap is the same size as the universal gap and the D1 is slightly smaller. Do a quick search and you will find this information.

D2 is the universal gap..

You are good to go.

whats the return time on a recone if i where to send it to you guys to do it? or how long does it take for a recone kit to get to me (MN)? im debating if i should recone or not, i have till oct 1st to get the sub reconed and broken in... (Midwest SPL Finals)

Thanks

~ 2 weeks or so..

You might want to recone it yourself.

~ 2 weeks or so..

You might want to recone it yourself.

how long is the lead time to get one shipped out here? say if i ordered it today would it be here by say sept 10th or so? i just want to know if i do have time to do this or not, if i dont, then i wont recone till after finals and have extra money until then, haha

3-4 days to build it and ship it out.

hmmmm, ive got some thinking to do... thanks for all the info!

Sign in to follow this