Sign in to follow this  
mrbojang

Mids and highs questions...

Lately I've been thinking about upgrading my front stage and decided that is what I'm going to do.

Currently I have one set of Image Dynamics CTX65cs and I love them. I'm thinking I want to go ahead and just add another set up front.

I noticed an online store actually sells the mid-range and tweeter separately and I've read some random stuff about running them actively. Does anyone know if this is indeed possible and where I would crossover the speakers\tweets at?

If this sounds like a bad plan I'm open to suggestions. I found a nice set of pods for my doors that allow a 6.5" driver, 4" driver, and a 2" tweet. I've also read that setting up a 3-way to sound good can be really tricky.

I'll be buying a sax-100.4, possibly two depending on what I decide to do.

You could look into pro audio drivers if you want louder and can run active.

one driver > multiple sets.

You could look into pro audio drivers if you want louder and can run active.

one driver > multiple sets.

I've looked around but honestly I'm clueless to what are good pro audio drivers? I was looking at madisound and partsexpress...

I'd run a 6.5" and a 2" soft dome tweeter...

If I went that route, I could just get another sax-125.2..Correct?

What exactly are you trying to achieve? What are your goals in terms of sound quality, imaging, output, etc? What is your budget, and what processing do you have to work with?

What exactly are you trying to achieve? What are your goals in terms of sound quality, imaging, output, etc? What is your budget, and what processing do you have to work with?

I suppose I'm trying to achieve more output and I'd like to try out a active system. I've always ran passive and I'm eager to see the benefits of running active. Sound quality isn't a big thing of mine, just as long as it doesn't sound like garbage (very subjective, i know) and it gets loud.

Budget? Under $1k preferably for amps and speakers. I already have a sax-125.2.

As far as processing I was thinking I could just set the x-over points on the amplifier(s) and call it a day? I'm running a pioneer deh-p5200hd currently. It doesn't exactly have a lot of options. I'm planning on upgrading to a pioneer double din LCD after I get the front stage setup.