cimarosti

Fi Q enclosure question

Hello. I am new here and looking for an answer to an easy question. I have a 2002 Civic and I am looking at a Q Logic Custom sub box. First, does anyone have any experience with those units. Second, the volume of the Q Logic enclosure is 0.65 cu. ft. The Fi Q I am looking at calls for 0.2-0.6 cu. ft. of volume, but it has a 0.12 cu. ft. displacement. Does this mean the Q Logic would work? The way I am calculating it is that 0.65-0.12=0.53 cu. ft. volume after installation.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Nick

Yes that should be correct. Is the q-logic box just a wooden rectangular box or does it custom fit into a small corner of the trunk?

It is a custom enclosure that fits in the corner of the trunk. With an enclosure a little bit on the bigger side of the recommendation what can I expect to hear? The box I have built for my current setup is on the smaller side of the recommended values.

If it's too big you can always tune it down by gluing wood to the inside. Just play around with it until it sounds good to your ear.

Better too big then too small - you have more options.

That's a good point. I have never heard an Fi sub and my options were an Fi, JL, or Memphis so I'm excited to hear this woofer. Thank you for the responses.

On the bigger side of enclosures, the sub will play lower and be more efficient. But you're within Fi's recommendation so it's not going to be anything unusual.

The more I keep thinking about it, the more I think I might be better off building my own box for it, just so I am in control of the quality of the thing. Does anyone have experience with Q Logic? I don't know if that custom enclosure from Q Logic would be beefy enough to get the best SQ from an Fi driver.