Sign in to follow this  
plastik018

help about a new amp?

hey, i have a new magnum 15" in a 2.5 cube sealed box, my amp just blew up, i need a new one, any suggestions? price doesnt really matter, just name a good amp to go with a mag plz? thanks

if you need serious power, talk to flakko about the US AMPs AX1000,

if you dont need that much power, but still want top end quality, check out the ZED Audio Minilith,

there is always the PowerBass XA 900

there are noother subs that go well or better with a 15 inch magnum?

you have tons of options, denim merely listed a few of the higher end stuff

there are noother subs that go well or better with a 15 inch magnum?

well give us your limitations, money wise and features wise and we can help you find the right amp

lets say about 500? or lower, i want something that is really good and will last, i dont want nothing to break or my magnum to blow up or anything, name some amps and the price plz? and what would be my best choice?

lets say about 500? or lower, i want something that is really good and will last, i dont want nothing to break or my magnum to blow up or anything, name some amps and the price plz? and what would be my best choice?

you could PM HCCAfan about an Orion 1200

Anything from 300-1200 watts should be fine.

the RF or Orion, would be my high power choice, but the quality and that you can get Burr Brown on the ZED Minilith, and the fact that I have seen what the MAG can do with 400, and the minilith is atleast 200+ more watts than what I was dealing with

whats the quality mean? does the quality of sound wit mini lith sound better than the rf? i was lookin at the rockford t1000, i want it to be loud, think this will get the job done? i found it online for 450 shipped

oh sorry that might have come out wrong, all of the amplifers listed so far are tops in the build quality, but for SQ I think the Minilith might be the best, but honestly, the difference in SQ is probably not going to be heard,

I know the new RF Powers are flat out awesome, seriously underratted with really beefy internals, all of the amplifers listed will get it done, I have seen the RF spec out in the 1400 watt range, you do not need that much power to get the most out of the MAG for daily needs, trust me, so its up to you as to how much you want to spend, and if your electrical system can take the current draw

L:ike denim had stated a orion 1200D should be plenty and work well you can always buy a secodn down the road and link them up for 2 ohm on two subs if needed.

Yuo can get the Orion 1200D way cheaper like 300 shipped and its great amp . The rockford is a great amp aswell just to pricey .

lol i really think that amp is over rated and i dont think its good

PM HCCAfan on the Orion price

FYI, Zed Audio has fessed up to an overheating issue with the Minilith at 1 ohm when pushed hard.

I would highly recommend a class A/B Hifonics 2-channel bridged for your Magnum. This is what I'm doing based on how well a ZX600 ran our first gen Mag in Nick's sister's car for quite some time. I've picked up a ZX1000 for this purpose and that is well within your budget.

If you are worried about your electrical system you could take a look at a Hifonics XX Hercules Class-D and run it at 4 ohms. This gives you 800 watts and it fits in your budget quite nicely. Plus the 4 ohm load won't stress the amp AT ALL so it should last pretty much forever.

ooh i alrdy have enuff for the t1000bd from rockford, cuase i want an amp that can be used for later use in my new car wen i get one, btw how are ur dls components, im thinkin about getin a pair, i have adire kodas right now. ne ways will the t1000bd be a mistake if i buy it? its 450 shipped on the zeb website and someone told me that 1 ohm amps are the best amps?

If the XX Hifonics amp is within your budget I recommend looking into that amp big time. I love my Colossus and my Olympus.

Also...800 to 1000 watts you're talking ~1 dB difference give or take a bit.

ooh i alrdy have enuff for the t1000bd from rockford, cuase i want an amp that can be used for later use in my new car wen i get one, btw how are ur dls components, im thinkin about getin a pair, i have adire kodas right now. ne ways will the t1000bd be a mistake if i buy it? its 450 shipped on the zeb website and someone told me that 1 ohm amps are the best amps?

I would take the HiFonics over the Rockford. Although I am confused on the power ratings for the XX Hercules. The site lists 650-watts at 4 ohms whereas the auction I was browsing lists 800-watts -- but in any event you could technically run the Hercules at 1 ohm on the D2 if you kept the gains way down (as it does produce 2000 watts into 1 ohm).

Of course I would start it off at 4 ohms to be certain, ~600 watts on a D2 is pretty darn loud and you could very well be satisfied at that level -- especially if you are using a relatively big box.

As for my DLS comps... they are still in the box. My install is nowhere near finished and it's going along slowly. Based on reviews I've heard they are awesome. I will warn you, though, that the Iridium 6.3 set that I have is over $600 on ebay.

If you do decide to go for the Rockford it should do fine, although it's really not the most for your money by any means.