cimarosti

Woofer clearance in a sealed box

Hey all. I'm going to build a sealed box for my 10" Fi Q woofer. It says the mounting depth is 6.5" for that driver. How much clearance should I have behind that woofer in the box to ensure adequate ventilation? I want my box to be as shallow as possible to save on some trunk space. Thank you.

Is it a new Q or an old one?

It it is new, and does NOT have a pole vent(a hole on the very back of the sub) you don't need any clearance.

If it is old, it will have a hole in the bottom of the woofer, the minimum clearance between that and the back of the enclosure needs to be half the hole width.

It is a new one. I am looking at them on the website, so I am assuming that I don't have to worry about the clearance in the back on these one? Why does the Fi Q require such a small volume to operate? I don't think I could even build a box that is .2 cu. ft. Haha.

It is a new one. I am looking at them on the website, so I am assuming that I don't have to worry about the clearance in the back on these one? Why does the Fi Q require such a small volume to operate? I don't think I could even build a box that is .2 cu. ft. Haha.

I think it's due to the high motor force. be sure to get the high QTS option for sealed.

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I was looking at some ssd's and they do have the hole on the back, do they need room behind them to breathe?

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I was looking at some ssd's and they do have the hole on the back, do they need room behind them to breathe?

Correct.

So by half the hole width you mean the hole correct? So what would that be approx?

Yes, half of the pole vent width.

So if it has a 1" hole in the middle you need to leave 1/2" behind the sub for clearance.