snowcase

12" DCON enclosure for an Outback

I've been drooling over getting an SSA for about 3 years now and finally pulled the trigger yesterday and got a 12" DCON. I have a subaru outback with 36" (I *think*) between the strut mounts and about 16" high. It can be as deep as needed and the seats also slant back a bit. My last pair of subs died because a friend slammed their bike into them so I'd like something that faced up or to the side. I'd like to go ported between 30 and 32.

Anyone have any ideas on a shape I can use? I don't want this sub to succumb to the same fate as my last ones.

Ahh you didn't read my post did you... I said I don't want it facing back. I've already seen the recommended enclosures as well as searched on here. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't.

Ahh you didn't read my post did you... I said I don't want it facing back. I've already seen the recommended enclosures as well as searched on here. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't.

So.....why don't you just build the enclosure Aaron posted, and when you install it sit the enclosure on it's backside so the sub faces up rather than towards the back.... ??

The enclosure fits all of your dimensions.

So.....why don't you just build the enclosure Aaron posted, and when you install it sit the enclosure on it's backside so the sub faces up rather than towards the back.... ??

Because the seat overhangs above that which is why I included a height dimension.

Because the seat overhangs above that which is why I included a height dimension.

The enclosure design is 14.5" high and 14.625" deep. There no law that you have to put the driver cut out where it is displayed on the suggested enclosure design. You have the room to have it up firing, and keep the port rear firing, or just turn it up like Brad said. If the seat back over hangs some and you said you have plenty of depth, scoot the enclosure towards the hatch. What are we missing here?

I wasn't aware it didn't have to be centered.

Will it fit then?

I would like it up against the seat but I can move it towards the rear a bit. I have almost exactly 36" wide and 14" tall. The seat overhangs 4" so I could move it back 2". If the sub is on the top and the port is facing the rear I would have to move the sub towards the back anyway so it doesn't hit the port wall correct?

Is there a grill pre-made for this sub?

I would like it up against the seat but I can move it towards the rear a bit. I have almost exactly 36" wide and 14" tall. The seat overhangs 4" so I could move it back 2". If the sub is on the top and the port is facing the rear I would have to move the sub towards the back anyway so it doesn't hit the port wall correct?

Is there a grill pre-made for this sub?

We don't have any grills at the moment. You can always modify the dimensions a little to fit your needs. Meaning you can make it shorter in height and deeper to keep close to the same internal air space.

Won't that alter the port tuning?

A little bit yes if you do not adjust the port length. How about this, why not get a custom design for your car done by either:

Custom design from the SSA Store

or

Nate of Eclectic Enclosure Designs

This way the enclosure will be exactly to your needs instead of modifying and existing design.

:)