Sign in to follow this  
dorian01

relocating batteries

i have 2 kinetik 1800's and im going to put them in the back of my trunk in parallel. im getting rid of my stock battery. this is how i would wire it: i have 2 awg wire to connect the alternator to the battery. the wire will go from the alternator to battery A's positive terminal. Battery A's positive terminal will be connected to battery B's positive terminal. the stock terminal (from stock battery) will be connected to a wire that will be run to the trunk go to battery B's positive terminal. the stock terminal has 2 wires connected to it, one goes to the fuse box and the other goes behind the engine and i cant see where it goes to. my guess is that it goes to the starter or alternator. if it is the alternator would there be a problem if its connected to both batteries? i

so electricity will run from alternator to battery A then battery B then down to the fuse box and whatever the wire behind the engine leads to.

The way I'd do it is to run a wire from the front battery terminal to one of the batteries. Wire both batteries in parallel, ground them in 2 spots on the body and run ground wire to the front battery terminal.

So no battery under the hood?