Sign in to follow this  
DCarter

2 12" Ported Box

hey guys, im purchasing 2 12" Fi ssd

Im looking at a ported box, I was just wondering if i need the divider in the middle of the box giving them their own little chamber? or can i just make one bigger port rather than 2 smaller ones ?

also aeroport? Is it worth the try ?

I have 2 ssd 12's in a common chamber, 4.4cubes @30hz with an L port.

im looking at just over 3 cubes (maybe bigger) with displacement tuned to 32-33 hz with L port. Stupid questions but common chamber. is that without the divider in the middle?

How do u like that settup? I currently have a 15 BL but need more room height wise!

im looking at just over 3 cubes (maybe bigger) with displacement tuned to 32-33 hz with L port. Stupid questions but common chamber. is that without the divider in the middle?

How do u like that settup? I currently have a 15 BL but need more room height wise!

Yes both subs are in the same chamber. For what I listen to it works great, but when the boy plays some of his music it is rather painfull.

i cant wait :) Last question.

If i want to wire my aq1200d to 1 ohm to them. Do i order them both D2 ? or D1 ? i know its D2 for a single sub settup..

If i want to wire my aq1200d to 1 ohm to them. Do i order them both D2 ? or D1 ? i know its D2 for a single sub settup..

D1 with 2 subs.

D1 with 2 subs.

ok so i order them both as d1 ? then i can wire to 1 ohm ? pushing 600+ rms each ?

D1 with 2 subs.

ok so i order them both as d1 ? then i can wire to 1 ohm ? pushing 600+ rms each ?

Yes, wire each sub in a series circuit to 2ohms then wire the subs together in a parallel circuit that should = 1 ohm at your amp.

thank you! cant wait to hear it

You are more than welcome. I hope to see some pictures of your build, good luck.