SentraGuy

I have a dilemma.

Today, I just finished installing everything in my car.

It includes,

Fi BL 12

Sundown SAE 1200d

Ported box tuned to 33hz.

1/0 all around.

Big 3 already done.

I got everything done, and went for a drive to a less populated area.

I started to play some music, and noticed that, this setup was hitting just about as hard as my two previous Kicker Comps on 300 watts in a sealed enclosure, if not less.

I knew this wasn't right :ohnoes9:

My setting on the amp are as follows:

Subsonic filter: About 30 hz

Crossover: about 60 hz

Gain: About half (Not sure what to set it to exactly since I'm running off a line output converter <---- What I think the problem is coming from)

And it's just not hitting hard at all.

What did I do wrong? :peepwall:

Double check all connections on the LOC! Possibly wired out of phase to the LOC?

Double check all connections on the LOC! Possibly wired out of phase to the LOC?

All it has is two screws, and says "levels" next to them.

I have not touched them since my last system.

Hmm going from 2 10" to 1 12" will have less output.

Amp connections never changed from Kicker install?

Hmm going from 2 10" to 1 12" will have less output.

Amp connections never changed from Kicker install?

Going from 2 Kicker Comp 10s running at 150 RMS apiece will be more output than a Fi BL 12 at 1200 watts? :ehh:

Well, different amp.

Grounded at the same place, but with 1/0.

And power is 1/0.

If that's what you mean.

Make sure the amp is grounded securley! I would double check the wiring of the woofer to make sure nothing is out of phase.

Make sure the amp is grounded securley! I would double check the wiring of the woofer to make sure nothing is out of phase.

I may reground it to a new spot.

Ohhh, the woofer is definitely wired right, I quadruple checked that and then quadruple checked it again before I screwed it down.

With the LOC, what does it mean by levels? And would you know which direction of the screw would do what?

those things need to be tuned. They are basically like gain control on your amp. You should be definitely louder.

Ohhh, the woofer is definitely wired right, I quadruple checked that and then quadruple checked it again before I screwed it down.

With the LOC, what does it mean by levels? And would you know which direction of the screw would do what?

Take a picture of the LOC if you can get a good one... I would like to jump in but can't picture what you mean in my head... lol

those things need to be tuned. They are basically like gain control on your amp.

It worked fine for my last system leaving it untouched... So I thought :suicide-santa:

The levels on the LOC are like the gain on an amplifier so it matches voltage to the amplifer. Clockwise + and Counter clockwise -

You shouldn't have to touch the LOC levels. Just adjust the gain on the amp.

Take a picture of the LOC if you can get a good one... I would like to jump in but can't picture what you mean in my head... lol

Eh, too late now.

It just has a screw to adjust the levels. Almost exactly like on an amp.

You shouldn't have to touch the LOC levels. Just adjust the gain on the amp.

But thing is, I never touched them to begin with. Who knows what factory set it to..

New piece of info. I had some more time with my system today. I noticed that if I'm listening to my music at my normal volume (about 2/3) it's not very loud. BUT, when I turn the bass on the HU up to 5/5, it gets muchhh louder. To where I expected it to be.

Now I know better than to turn the bass up that high, as it will introduce clipping, it's usually on 0/5 now.

Could my problem just be a bad/low voltage signal from the LOC?

Don't be afraid to play with the gain on the amp. even after half way !

:peepwall:

Don't be afraid to play with the gain on the amp. even after half way !

:peepwall:

Oh I have. From about 1/2 to full there's almost no audible difference.

Have you turned up the level on the LOCs

Yes. The levels were already at max from factory.

Really? That's weird. Does it have a setting like an amplifier gain with markings such as 0.5v to 6v? Or just a + and -?

Yes. The levels were already at max from factory.

Really? That's weird. Does it have a setting like an amplifier gain with markings such as 0.5v to 6v? Or just a + and -?

No :(

Cheap $20 Audiopipe.

i know its been a few months since the last past, bu ti have a question. ive been looking at some loc's and noticed that a lot of them state they are only good up to 60 or 80 watts per channel. could that be why you arent getting the full wattage through it? im in the market for one and was wondering they they are all low numbers like that.