BAM12393

Two Fi X 12" Amp

I am looking at the Rockford Fosgate T500-1bdCP amp to power my two Fi X 12" subwoofers (without the BP opton). It will be wired @2 ohms. The box meets Fi's requirements and is vented. Will this amp match the subwoofers and get full potential out of my X's? I listen to music loud for long periods of time, this isn't a competition system.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=104&family_id=105&item_id=117363&locale=en_US&p_status=

Edited by BAM12392

You might have to be kinda easy on the gain knob, as most RockFord Power Series amps usually do more then rated. But other then that it should be a great combo!!

Yeah I'd be careful with the gain knobs as well, when you go to that link for the amp, look at the tab "powercube", it shows that even though the amp is rated @ 500 Watts, it has 690 dynamic watts, so, adjust that gain knob down, lol

I love my RF amp though :)

Yeah I'd be careful with the gain knobs as well, when you go to that link for the amp, look at the tab "powercube", it shows that even though the amp is rated @ 500 Watts, it has 690 dynamic watts, so, adjust that gain knob down, lol

Would you recommend I get the BP option then?

I would yes. :)

I would NOT go smaller box. Get the BP option, be easy with your gains, etc.

Sounds like a nice setup. Be sure to let us know what you think of them and pics and vids are ALWAYS welcome :fing34:

ALSO: I have a friend with the same amp and he loves it. It definitely does more than rated.

Edited by xAndrewx

Sounds like a nice setup. Be sure to let us know what you think of them and pics and vids are ALWAYS welcome :fing34:

ALSO: I have a friend with the same amp and he loves it. It definitely does more than rated.

How can you tell him not to go with a smaller enclosure when you don't even know his enclosure's volume...

How can you tell him not to go with a smaller enclosure when you don't even know his enclosure's volume...

someone stated that he should go to a smaller (than recommended) box to handle the power.

EDIT

Edited by xAndrewx

Get the BP option for sure, it'll help it take the extra watts and most likely help the life of your subs.

I got two of the fifteen Xs on 350 a piece. I'd say get the bp option and you won't have to alter the box size.