71fordranger

4 8" RL-i8's in 71 ford ranger single cab

I'm starting my first system with 4 of the rl-i8's and need a lil help on my box. it's not gonna be just one big box but 4 seperate ported boxes. each one will be about (acording to the program im using) 10" wide, 15" tall, and 9" deep. im having problems with the port though. the program said it should be 1/2" by 2" by 2" deep for a 35 hz. this sounds way small to me. is it? and does this idea seem good or is it too "over the top."

No, that's not correct. What program are you using?

A 2" dia. port in that box (10" x 15" x 9"outside dim, @ .428 C.F.) would be almost 16" long.

I've got an extended cab ranger (2000) and I've got 4 sa-8's for it.

How are you going to fit them in a standard cab? Blow through ?

Edited by cobra93

I'm starting my first system with 4 of the rl-i8's and need a lil help on my box. it's not gonna be just one big box but 4 seperate ported boxes. each one will be about (acording to the program im using) 10" wide, 15" tall, and 9" deep. im having problems with the port though. the program said it should be 1/2" by 2" by 2" deep for a 35 hz. this sounds way small to me. is it? and does this idea seem good or is it too "over the top."

Why?

A 2" dia. port in that box (10" x 15" x 9"outside dim, @ .428 C.F.) would be almost 16" long.

im using WinISD but i was wanting a slot port not a tube one. and it has the gas tank behind the seat so when i get my box build im getting some kind of auxiliary tank for the bed. when its out i got about 70"x25"x10" to use.

Edited by 71fordranger

Why?

Cuz i can ;)

im using WinISD but i was wanting a slot port not a tube one. and it has the gas tank behind the seat so when i get my box build im getting some kind of auxiliary tank for the bed. when its out i got about 70"x25"x10" to use.

I haven't used winisd much. I bought bbp6 a long time ago, so I use that a pencil and paper or both.

Good luck, post pics when you get started.

You do know u need more wood for 4 different enclosure's and it consumes more room, and in most cases it's not as loud. ;):peepwall: