porkchop

multiple sub install with xcons???

I don't know how you can stand so much bass in a car !!!:peepwall:

Last week end I had to jump of a little RENAULT CLIO !! It had 2 15" xcon's pounding so hard, I felt bad!!! :WTFBubble:

I'm used to this car, but it was the first time the electrical was really good (14.4 v at high volume).

The box is tuned to 30 hz, and the lows was ...fantastic ! The pressure was insane, inhuman !!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck with yout 4 15"s.:suicide-santa::roflmao:

:popcorn:I'm waiting for the pictures AND the review !:popcorn:

sooooo, six 12"s = 678.58

& four 15"s = 706.86

How about using actual numbers? They're easy to find by simply looking at the SSA Product page for the XCon. The T/S spec "Sd" is effective cone area stated in cm^2. If you want it in inches, just convert.

That gives you 480 cm^2 per 12 which is 74.4 in^2. The 15s are 810 cm^2 or 125.55 in^2.

That makes 5 12s roughly equivalent to 3 15s. Add another of each and the percentage cone area advantage is pretty significant for the 15s at over 10%. However 10% isn't an audible difference.

The 15s also want a slightly smaller enclosure.

All that said, in a high power application the increase in heat dissipation allowed by the extra 2 motors of the 12s may reduce power compression and more than make up for the cone area difference. In a daily system, you aren't going to notice the difference one way or the other. If it were me, I'd go with the 15s for the cost savings and space savings.

Don't do what steve meade or Jonathon price did..

If you do Chop... i'm going to have to take one or several of your fingers.

Make sure you have 412.18 In^2 of port MINIMUM! (assuming you're tuning to 33 hz, 374 In^2 at 30hz)

Should be killer in the cutlass.

:gayhaaay1:

sooooo, six 12"s = 678.58

& four 15"s = 706.86

How about using actual numbers? They're easy to find by simply looking at the SSA Product page for the XCon. The T/S spec "Sd" is effective cone area stated in cm^2. If you want it in inches, just convert.

That gives you 480 cm^2 per 12 which is 74.4 in^2. The 15s are 810 cm^2 or 125.55 in^2.

That makes 5 12s roughly equivalent to 3 15s. Add another of each and the percentage cone area advantage is pretty significant for the 15s at over 10%. However 10% isn't an audible difference.

The 15s also want a slightly smaller enclosure.

All that said, in a high power application the increase in heat dissipation allowed by the extra 2 motors of the 12s may reduce power compression and more than make up for the cone area difference. In a daily system, you aren't going to notice the difference one way or the other. If it were me, I'd go with the 15s for the cost savings and space savings.

nice of you to drop in..... very detailed answer offering alot of help....thanks a ton!

Don't do what steve meade or Jonathon price did..

If you do Chop... i'm going to have to take one or several of your fingers.

Make sure you have 412.18 In^2 of port MINIMUM! (assuming you're tuning to 33 hz, 374 In^2 at 30hz)

Should be killer in the cutlass.

:gayhaaay1:

i love port area..... lol

thanks for the input....

looks as if the cutlass is on hold for a minute....

chop