Sign in to follow this  
scottyj

Recommendations for new 10's

Hey all I just bought a new truck and I'm starting to build/price a new system for it. First things first I'll be getting 2 10's to fit under my extended cab seat. I already have the box so I'm just looking to find the right subs now.

What I'm looking for is something along these lines-:

-Maximum mounting depth of 6 1/4"

-Quality>sheer volume. (but being able to pound would be a plus)

-They will be in a sealed inclosure with approximately .95cf of air space total.

-power handling can be about whatever. I'll be buying a new amp based on the power required.

-I'm wanting to spend around $100-$150 per sub. So nothing too fancy. (and if you know of something cheaper than $100 that's pretty decent don't be afraid to mention it.)

Anywho that should be about all. Any help/ideas would be really appreciated!

:wavey5: and welcome

Just throwing this out there by maybe a singular Dcon 10?

It fits all of your requirements from what I'm looking at..

Except for wanting to run two..

Dunno about that, I think the SA-10s can run in about half a cube a piece when sealed so you could MAYBE go that route but I don't know how well they would like being put together in under a cube..

Then again, that's just products from the SSA store..

Welcome either way. :gayhaaay1:

Edited by Nick_W

You also have to account for woofer displacement, you could also fill it with polyfill, about a pound per ft^3.

I didn't think about either of those.. Good points, Jul

Edited by Nick_W

Hey thanks for the quick reply's guys. I actually did a bit of searching and was looking at getting the FI x10's. They seem to fit everything pretty well. Thoughts?

I'd vote for that single DCON. You'd be very surprised what that little woofer can do in the space you're working with.

Not to mention, the money you save on a single woofer can be put towards your amplifier budget to get something with some serious quality.

im for the SA-10s they can produce lots of good sounding bass and can take a lot of power.

What truck will allow that amount of mounting depth under the rear seat? Did you account for pole vent clearance with that depth?