mclarengts

Help with building a box

Ok I have a 07 dodge charger, i have a Fi BL 15. I want to build a box and have it walled off right in the middle of the trunk where the trunk mat splits to fold up. are there any websites or anything that can help me with the demintions and the build? also in the top of the trunk it slants down where they made room for the 6x9s. its my first time attempting this, so im kinda confused. well here are a few pics of what i want it to look like when its done, but i only have one sub.

TRUNK02.jpg

TRUNK03.jpg

untitled.jpg

Go to *****.com and check out the torres' calculator in the subwoofer/enclosure part of the forum. It helps out a lot.

Simple math is all you need, to calculate volume you multiply (L x W x H) and multiply that by 1728. Use this site to calculate the port dimensions.

Yes but how do I wall it off? Do I just make the front plate long enough and tall enough to be a wall? Is it built into the box? Is it a separate?... Does anyone have a build log with pics of this style of box?

ok so I went and measured my trunk, the room I am working with is 36" wide, 20" deep, Now at the front of the box the height is 17.5" and at the rear the height is 14.5" Can anyone design me a box with 3.9cubic ft?? or where can I go to see some cut sheets of how this will look, I know it will be slanted front the front to rear.. this will be for my Fi BL 15.. thanks for all your help

untitled.jpg

Yes but how do I wall it off? Do I just make the front plate long enough and tall enough to be a wall? Is it built into the box? Is it a separate?... Does anyone have a build log with pics of this style of box?

Looks like the enclosure is behind the cover/ trim panel for the trunk. So yes they are separate peices. May not be exactly what you are wanting but read through this thread it has some possible ideas on what you are/or lookin for: Good Luck!

how can i get custom cut sheets?

Unless someone else has a suggestion, I would say "trial and error" From my experience the cost of mdf material for learning is cheap compared to paying someone. With anything you get what you put into it!

Make a cardboard template.

x2....way cheaper than mdf.