stevemead08

09 silverado crewcab LT IAK worktruck THE REMIX

Well my patience has got the best of me. i went ahead and installed my subs in an old box i had. box is tuned high and has low port area, but here is a crappy phone video. ill use is as a reference to compare with my new box with lots of port and tuned low.

Fair amount of windshield flex but cell camera dosent pick it up well.

Feel free to bash if you like. this is just my work truck. I have a rather large build coming up this next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShwM-8QmSGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bff01OoDtzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFGdMxx0igs

Coming along nicely bro.

That boy is a HOSS.

:drink40:

Thanks man, yeah the boy is getting pretty hefty for just 3 months. solid as a rock too.

Its been some now since i made any progress but today i got some done. got a new router for christmas from the father in law and ordered my jasper jig today. i went and got a sheet of 3/4 MDF and got a little work done on the box.

I dont have a table saw nore could i store the one i want so i used a page out of Sir-lancelots book and used a straight edge and my trusty skilsaw. so far so good. did most of my cuts and im extreamly happy with the results.

On with a few pics. the box is not gonna make sence untill its finishes or you look back at the rendering.

IMAG0083.jpgIMAG0082.jpgIMAG0080.jpgIMAG0081.jpgIMAG0084.jpgIMAG0085.jpg

Nice progress bro!

Are you building the box you posted a few pages back?

A guide works like a charm for the skillsaw. Love the driveway build, welcome to the no damn shop club. lol

Nice progress bro!

Are you building the box you posted a few pages back?

A guide works like a charm for the skillsaw. Love the driveway build, welcome to the no damn shop club. lol

Yeah. its the one JBLcamry first drew then Alton worked it up for me. 2.4 cubes @33hz.

mdf dust in the garage FTL. unfortunatly my wife uses half of one half of the garage for work. and parks in the side.

test fitted the base in the truck...fits like a glove.

and a little more progress on the port

IMAG0086.jpgIMAG0087.jpg

Looking good so far :)

Tuned in.

The build is looking sweet. Awesome job on installing deadener, CCF, and MLV. The box design is killer!

That boy looks just like you, He is going to be a brute.:)

thanks guys

cant wait to see what this comes out like.

ive been thinking a similar design. just not alot of room under my seats.

cant wait to see what this comes out like.

ive been thinking a similar design. just not alot of room under my seats.

Trucks suck for loud systems if your still trying to keep the back seat functional. after all the different boxes ive made for this truck in the past couple years, i have huge hopes for this one.

steve ive been searching through the forum here and i found a thread that you said you had busted two of your 8's upfiring them under the seat.. was this just from them hitting the seat while playing?? i just bought a cc 09' sierra and im catching hell trying to get my subs in here... i bought 2 sundown sa10 thinking that they would be easy to get in there.. but ive always been told that downfire was the way to go... i have them temporarily installed in some boxes from some jl10w3's that were sitting around til i get the permanent fix.. but these boxes are small... ive just been considering the upfire box.. bc i know i can get them in there that way alot easier.. but do not wanna break them by doing so...any input would help .. thanks bro

steve ive been searching through the forum here and i found a thread that you said you had busted two of your 8's upfiring them under the seat.. was this just from them hitting the seat while playing?? i just bought a cc 09' sierra and im catching hell trying to get my subs in here... i bought 2 sundown sa10 thinking that they would be easy to get in there.. but ive always been told that downfire was the way to go... i have them temporarily installed in some boxes from some jl10w3's that were sitting around til i get the permanent fix.. but these boxes are small... ive just been considering the upfire box.. bc i know i can get them in there that way alot easier.. but do not wanna break them by doing so...any input would help .. thanks bro

Yeah i broke two of them from hitting the bottom of my seat. i had so other 8s in the same box and had no problem but the sa-8s had more excursion than i expected. my fault!.

Cleaned a bit, let me know if you want more done.

well i got a majority of the box done. still need to caulk a couple small gaps and carpet it. it fits perfect and sounds great. last thing to do is recone the 8s with the new stiffer spiders and SPL coils.

Box specs are 2.4 cubes@33hz. 49 sq/in of port

heres a few pics

IMAG0089.jpgIMAG0090.jpgIMAG0091.jpgIMAG0094.jpg

Yes the floor need vacumued when i take it out to carpet the box

IMAG0093.jpg

looking good bro, nice progress.....

do you have intentions on using a grill over the subs?

are you going to highlight the port with a color scheme and neons, or will it be blacked out?

looking good bro, nice progress.....

do you have intentions on using a grill over the subs?

are you going to highlight the port with a color scheme and neons, or will it be blacked out?

Its still undecided at the moment. i have the space behind the port that may become the cupholders that i lost. port may become white and possibly some neons that play with the music. i leave in two days out of town for a few months so im really just happy to get the box usable. ill just have jacob ship the new subs to where i am. :morepower1:

Fresh box man honestly, keep up the pictures and good work.

Fresh box man honestly, keep up the pictures and good work.

Thanks man it is unique thats for sure. i have never seen one like it.

Ill be around DFW for a few months

:ghost::bigok: Nice job

ya when i was trying to figure out a box design for my truck i thought about it and went sealed instead---didnt know how that would work 2 on 1 side 1 on the other.. got to take some measurements now-

enclosure turned out really well. I like the cup holder idea behind the port for passengers :P

Hopefully the newer drivers will be a little more rugged and last longer for ya :drink40:

enclosure turned out really well. I like the cup holder idea behind the port for passengers :P

Hopefully the newer drivers will be a little more rugged and last longer for ya :drink40:

There is still cup holders that flip down in the center seat but i do like cup holders to stash all my shit.