Sign in to follow this  
manrossdamn

Fi Q 18 :)

Hey, just wondering if you guys use a nail gun for assembling the box, or would you use screws?

I used screwed on my previous boxes, and even when predrilling the holes the wood still split.

Thanks

I'd recommend getting a decent brad nailer and using the nail gun. I bought one a few years ago and have never looked back. Screws take so long with the pre-drilling, screwing and switching back and forth. Even with a second drill it's a pain. As bromo said, it would be best to leave the clamps on a little longer just for good measure. I think you'll find the investment well worth the money.

I plan on doing so!

Arghhhh, still not shipped out, hopefully tomorrow it'll be in transit :D

Sub is now in transit!

About 1 week after I ordered it, recieving it monday :)

Going to start bottom sides and top baffle today :D

Well guys..

If you put a CVR on 380 RMS and play put on without a box, I guess you receive mechanical failure!

My coil unwounded itself after bottoming out

MY FAULT

I know

I got bored lol

Well guys..

If you put a CVR on 380 RMS and play put on without a box, I guess you receive mechanical failure!

My coil unwounded itself after bottoming out

MY FAULT

I know

I got bored lol

Free air just about any driver and your bound to kill it.

not that im condoning it, but i ran an saz 3k to 1 q 18 for over a yr in a huge 8 cube internal box without failure. so it can be done

im not saying do what i do, but if you're not a retard, it will survive

ps, during that time it went through about 12 competitions. so i wasnt easy with it by any means

just saying....

Alrighty then. It is just that people (from what I have heard) put up to 1800rms on the sub and it goes. Some people as low as 1200rms and it blows but I know that's because they were stupid. Pretty amazing for a Q to run over 3k rms for a year.

ppl seriously take these abilities for granted they are little beasts.... Aq2200 all day everyday for over a year and i compete too.. bassrace and spl so... and you never get rated out of an amp due to rise and voltage drop just an FYI

been doing this WAY too long to be pwned son FYI

Thats wasn't towards you earthman

not that im condoning it, but i ran an saz 3k to 1 q 18 for over a yr in a huge 8 cube internal box without failure. so it can be done

im not saying do what i do, but if you're not a retard, it will survive

ps, during that time it went through about 12 competitions. so i wasnt easy with it by any means

just saying....

Alrighty then. It is just that people (from what I have heard) put up to 1800rms on the sub and it goes. Some people as low as 1200rms and it blows but I know that's because they were stupid. Pretty amazing for a Q to run over 3k rms for a year.

ppl seriously take these abilities for granted they are little beasts.... Aq2200 all day everyday for over a year and i compete too.. bassrace and spl so... and you never get rated out of an amp due to rise and voltage drop just an FYI

...I'm not saying it can't be done.. I'm saying to run double the rated power to a sub, the person behind the wheel needs to be smart with the knobs. People have blown q's with 1000 watts...and some people can run 2000 watts to a Q. It's a risk you take though.

Hmm. Should I do a 4 x 15 single port? or dual 2 x 15's..

I'm tuning low, and my box has a depth of 32", thanks!

Also, a change on plans for the amp because my friend can get a hookup on something cheaper.

But I don't know if I want to surely go with a hifonics, they aren't too stable at 1 ohm from what I've seen

If you guys can help me, I'm stuck between a Hifonics 1210 and a Kicker 1500.1

I got my Q

It's freakin HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY.

Well then again I've only held mediocre 15's and 12's.

I only have 500 watts on it, my amp keeps passing out from my crappy PSU pumping 20 amps.. LOL..

i just got my 18 Q today, and i got a AQ1200D amp, it seemed more recommended. and puts out a little over 1000rms which is what the sub can take.

i just got my 18 Q today, and i got a AQ1200D amp, it seemed more recommended. and puts out a little over 1000rms which is what the sub can take.

Sign in to follow this