Sign in to follow this  
manrossdamn

Fi Q 18 :)

As title states, I orded my 18, and now I'm thinking of how I'm making a box, it's going to sit inside of a 2000 Four Runner, last box I made was for 2 12's at 5cubes, 33hz

Can I make a box at 6.7 cubes and tune it to 28 hertz? or will that sound bad..

I like low tuning by the way ;)

Thanks guys!

Also, do you think a Audioque 2200D is perfect for this sub?

a 2200d sounds like a bit much for a q. but you can never have to much head room!

As title states, I orded my 18, and now I'm thinking of how I'm making a box, it's going to sit inside of a 2000 Four Runner, last box I made was for 2 12's at 5cubes, 33hz

Can I make a box at 6.7 cubes and tune it to 28 hertz? or will that sound bad..

I like low tuning by the way ;)

Thanks guys!

Also, do you think a Audioque 2200D is perfect for this sub?

not a all it will sound great :) just make sure the port isn't to close to the tailgate and i'd do sub up and port back

a 2200d sounds like a bit much for a q. but you can never have to much head room!

not at all with the right electical i did it to a 15(old style) and my buddy right now runs his aq 2200 at 1 ohm on his 18" Q(new style)

You'll be fine man! just watch clipping. GO BIG FI FTW!

Thanks for the advice guys! :D

I shall get to work!

xD

I might post my noobie build on the build log o_o!

I shall get to work!

xD

I WILL post my noobie build on the build log o_o!

fixed*^

I shall get to work!

xD

I might post my noobie build on the build log o_o!

have the electrical to back it up is all im saying

Fi Q's are rated at 1,000 rms just so you know. If you want to run a full 2200 watts then go ahead and buy another Q. 2200 watts is way over that rating. Don't be mad when your sub blows for thermal/mechanical failure. If you want to stick with your best bang for your buck grab an AQ1200d. Puts out rated at a low price.

not that im condoning it, but i ran an saz 3k to 1 q 18 for over a yr in a huge 8 cube internal box without failure. so it can be done

im not saying do what i do, but if you're not a retard, it will survive

ps, during that time it went through about 12 competitions. so i wasnt easy with it by any means

just saying....

No worries guys, I plan to just run it at around 2 ohms at 1k rms.

And I shall post my log :D if I remember to take pictures..

haha thanks for the help guys :D

not that im condoning it, but i ran an saz 3k to 1 q 18 for over a yr in a huge 8 cube internal box without failure. so it can be done

ps, during that time it went through about 12 competitions. so i wasnt easy with it by any means

just saying....

Alrighty then. It is just that people (from what I have heard) put up to 1800rms on the sub and it goes. Some people as low as 1200rms and it blows but I know that's because they were stupid. Pretty amazing for a Q to run over 3k rms for a year.

Calm down guys o:

xD

Hey, i'm close to buying my wood and cutting it. Does anyone know how to do a dual slotted single sub box? How do I calculate the port size and what not, that's my only issue o:

and i'm still waiting for my sub to come in!

I wasn't mad. I was just saying 3k on 1 Q is tripling the rms rating and that's insane.

Lol, cool.

If I had the money I would run a 3500D also, but probably at 2 ohm for safety

Still, anyone know how to tune a dual ported box?

Lol, cool.

If I had the money I would run a 3500D also, but probably at 2 ohm for safety

Still, anyone know how to tune a dual ported box?

You tune it the same way you would a single port. w x h = port area + total port length = your tuning.

Sweet, thanks man :D

Tuning a 7.3 cube box is somewhat crazy, I can easily tune it to 27hz.. but 29 is my target :)

Hey, just wondering if you guys use a nail gun for assembling the box, or would you use screws?

I used screwed on my previous boxes, and even when predrilling the holes the wood still split.

Thanks

Nail gun or screws, doesn't matter to much. They are just there to hold the wood together till the glue dries. I've used both, I like the nail gun because of quickness and not having to change bits. If you use a nail gun I would keep the clamps on a little longer to let glue set. Screws are nice if you have more then one drill, one for drilling a pilot hole and another to run in screws, you can probably remove clamps a little sooner then a nail gun.

I'll considerate when I get my stuff tomorrow

just saying....

Alrighty then. It is just that people (from what I have heard) put up to 1800rms on the sub and it goes. Some people as low as 1200rms and it blows but I know that's because they were stupid. Pretty amazing for a Q to run over 3k rms for a year.

ppl seriously take these abilities for granted they are little beasts.... Aq2200 all day everyday for over a year and i compete too.. bassrace and spl so... and you never get rated out of an amp due to rise and voltage drop just an FYI

Hey, just wondering if you guys use a nail gun for assembling the box, or would you use screws?

I used screwed on my previous boxes, and even when predrilling the holes the wood still split.

Thanks

make sure to use 3/4" wood and get the screw half way in and you should be fine

Been doing that ^

Might get 1" MDF but it cost alot in Houston.. Stupid texas

lol

I ordered my subwoofer last Wednesday and no update on UPS ):

I ordered my subwoofer last Wednesday and no update on UPS ):

i am guessing they processed the order and it is in the making stages of the sub. You should recieve an update that the sub that UPS is in connection with it. But dont worry it usually takes a full week build time.

I'm just anxious to start my noob build xD

just saying....

ppl seriously take these abilities for granted they are little beasts.... Aq2200 all day everyday for over a year and i compete too.. bassrace and spl so... and you never get rated out of an amp due to rise and voltage drop just an FYI

been doing this WAY too long to be pwned son FYI

Sign in to follow this