armyranger3858

fi q recone question

my buddy has a 15" fi q and he hates how it hits the lows...box is 3.5 cubic feet in a gmc yukon denali facing backwards. he wants to know if he can use the btl recone. will that help it hit the lows if it will even work

something is wrong besides the driver.

and the answer is no

i never had an issue with q's hitting lows

id suggest a new enclosure to achieve this

and thats a negative on a btl recone for a q

No! Same thing is going to happen as SMD! For most output it should be subs up port back.

something is wrong besides the driver. maybe his box is tuned too high or the SSF is set to high. The Fi Q is a killer of the lows!!!! maybe he needs a 2nd Q if hes not happy now

and the answer is no

What else about the box? and how much power and whatnot? The Q is quite competent for the lows and you cannot put a btl recone on a Q. I would say its the box.

Also, Describe the sound better please. Because not liking it doesn't mean anything.

:morepower1::peepwall: Edited by Bobobass

yeah sorry but like songs with lower notes its not as loud but on higher notes it seems twice as loud and box is tuned to 30 hz

Sure, it was built right? And seems twice as loud doesn't really mean it is twice as loud. You perceive different frequencies differently and your vehicle's resonance frequency may have something to do with it as well.

oh and its on a t1500-1bd wired to 1.4 ohms

Its a single FI Q? it would be 1 ohm 2 ohm or 4 ohm. probably 1ohm

no way in hell a q is louder on upper bass then lower bass tuned to 30 hz

it has to be tuned alot higher then you think

im not 100% bout the box because i didnt build it myself but it was built by a ruputable car audio shop and they built him the box and said it was tuned to 30 hz and 3.5 cubic feet after alll dispacement

yeah but the coils are actually dual 0.7 so wired in series its 1.4 but with rise im sure its close to 2 ohms

.7ohm is DCR

1 ohm is nominal

wired in series on a 1000.1 would give you about 600-700w. with that ohm load i would get a second and wire it to 1 ohm and get full potential out of the amp and double the cone area

i have little to no faith in the knowledge of car audio shop people. so i will just stop here, and let the cards fall where they may

good luck...

songs like young jeezy-put on, young buck-shorty wanna ride, young money-roger that, brotha lynch hung- i tried to committ suicide

Probably the enclosure..

You do understand when you drop an octave to reach the same output level your displacement must double right?

yeah i do get that but is this q able to handle 1500 daily

Not suggested.